Autonomous Vehicle Race

Budi Mulyo

Jun 20, 2012, 11:21:36 AM6/20/12
to Robo-Magellan Project
I found this different style of competition. It's a car race, and, in this competition, the car has to pass through a red hoop.

Cramming for Sparkfun’s Autonomous Vehicle Competition
One big part of the hardware is a laser range finder used for wall following. This is explained well in the video after the break, but you can see the side-pointing blue box in the image above. [Paul] also spent a lot of time preparing for the checkpoint portion of the course where the vehicle would need to pass through a red hoop. He worked long and hard on an image processing setup to find and navigate those hoops before learning that they would be positioned at known locations and it would be much easier to use a path following technique to complete the challenge.

It's official.
Weapons are not allowed, nor is intentional interference with other competitors,
Play nice.

They have 2 categories: ground and air. Find the rules here:
Basically, all you have to do is make a robot or vehicle that circumnavigates the SparkFun building.
Easy for them to say. :)

Check out the recap videos here:

Best wishes,

--
Budi Mulyo

Jigsaw Renaissance is a learning and making community, a collaborative community dedicated to collective education and creation.

For more information about JR
(www.jigsawrenaissance.org)please visit our wiki page at wiki.jigren.org/Starting_Classes or this page.

Contact us, so we can chat about scheduling something cool together.
Thanks!