Robot Waiters

Budi Mulyo

Jul 6, 2012, 9:14:13 PM7/6/12
to Robo-Magellan Project
Hi Folks,
I just saw this article and thought of all of you.

Restaurant applications:
- China’s Robot Waiters: No Tipping Necessary

Best wishes,

--
Budi Mulyo

Jigsaw Renaissance is a learning and making community, a collaborative community dedicated to collective education and creation.

For more information about JR
(www.jigsawrenaissance.org)please visit our wiki page at wiki.jigren.org/Starting_Classes or this page.

Contact us, so we can chat about scheduling something cool together.
Thanks!

Pat Tressel

Jul 6, 2012, 11:24:56 PM7/6/12
to Robo-Magellan Project on behalf of Budi Mulyo
Also FYI / FYA:

http://worldsciencefestival.com/slideshows/robot_petting_zoo_slideshow
http://www.gizmowatch.com/entry/nature-to-tech-nature-inspired-robots-in-harmony/

Yeah, the Festo bird is impressive, but it's the Modsnake that (IMO) is heading in the direction of something practical for rescue work.

-- Pat

Paul Danset

Jul 6, 2012, 11:44:45 PM7/6/12
to Robo-Magellan Project on behalf of Pat Tressel

Completely agree.  Festo has made some jaw dropping nature inspired robots that fly / float / swim.

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Robo-Magellan Project group.

Check out our project page: http://www.jigsawrenaissance.org/donation/robo-magellan-project/

Paul Danset

Jul 7, 2012, 2:41:27 AM7/7/12
to Robo-Magellan Project
A sampling of Festo bots that float / fly / swim: