Learn to operate CNC router during Wikispeed built party

Budi Mulyo

Jun 5, 2012, 8:29:08 PM6/5/12
to da Vinci, Robo-Magellan Project, Wikispeed
Come by the WIKISPEED shop any Thursday at 7pm for a shop tour, and then having two people from JR pair with Rob Huggins to learn the router that night.

Wikispeed, 21002 44th Ave. W. Lynnwood, WA 98036 USA

Wikispeed also do build parties most Sundays, and typically decide if we'll do one that Sunday during the preceding Thursday build party. So come on over!

Please email back to in...@WIKISPEED.com with Budi Mulyo (celestia...@jigsawrenaissance.org) on the CC to RSVP

---------
From Joe Justice of WIKISPEED:

Netduino development buddies needed

Folks, we have a netduino project that has passed first level testing- it looks like by modulating the throttle in certain patterns we are able to gain some additional fuel efficiency. But we need more work, probably 100 person hours of netduino development, to get this to on-road prototype and know for sure if it works. If it does, the entire world stands to benefit with a few percent increase in fuel economy, which would be awesome. Can one or 10 of you kick us off with 10 hours of Netduino development over the next 30 days or so? We would REALLY appreciate it.

Please email back to in...@WIKISPEED.com with Budi (celestia...@jigsawrenaissance.org) on the CC to refer a friend or to express your interest.

Everyone in team WIKISPEED is a volunteer, but this project may have commercial applications too and if you help create a sale-able product with us we'll allocate a portion of any profits to you- 'cause you will have earned it.

NOTE:
Just so no one is surprised / shocked later on; the Wikispeed team is talking about Netduino not Arduino.

The Netduino is a different hardware board and is programed in Microsoft C# language not Arduino's wiring language.

Don't let this put you off though. If you have been looking for an excuse to learn C# this is a great way to pick it up. The development tools are way more powerful than Arduino.
I think that the Netduino requires the free version of Visual Studio Express and only runs on Windows.

PS: If you are new to C# perhaps you might be interested in C# Fundamentals: Development for Absolute Beginners (http://channel9.msdn.com/Series/C-Sharp-Fundamentals-Development-for-Absolute-Beginners). It is not specific to Netduino but is a great introduction if you are new to the language.

PPS:Also, if you learn C# with Netduino, you'll be well on your way toward
programming the .NET Gadgeteer hardwares.

Jason Garland

Jun 7, 2012, 5:59:29 PM6/7/12
to Robo-Magellan Project on behalf of Budi Mulyo, Joe Justice, da Vinci

I'll be there tonight.

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Robo-Magellan Project group.

Check out our project page: http://www.jigsawrenaissance.org/donation/robo-magellan-project/

dweiseth

Jun 7, 2012, 8:35:02 PM6/7/12
to robo-magel...@googlegroups.com
I would like to see the general setup at wiki speed too, heading up in about 1 hour, if anyone needs a ride call me in the next hour 612 237 7683. Cheers.