Fwd: ARES Meeting Reminder, This Saturday, August 9th, 2014

1 view

Richard Elling

Aug 9, 2014, 12:14:49 AM8/9/14
to Ramona Outback Amateur Radio Society
FYI
 — richard

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bruce Kripton <bkri...@pacbell.net>
Subject: ARES Meeting Reminder, This Saturday, August 9th, 2014
Date: August 5, 2014 at 11:45:57 AM PDT

*** Please feel free to forward as needed to other amateur radio clubs, CERT Teams and folks interested in emergency and disaster communications ***

Allcon,

Reminder - ARES Meeting this Saturday, August 9th, at 0800 Hours, in the Schatzel Center Founders Room, on the Scripps La Jolla Hospital Campus, in San Diego

This month’s ARES meeting will be focused on the following topics:

Credentialing for ARES Members that would like to participate in activities at County, City and other facilities that require background checks as well as individual credentialing for their site or institution. We will also be covering renewals for current badging issued by EMS.  If you are interested in or a regular participant in drills as well as real events where ARES is requested to deploy team members for communications support and assistance, PLEASE attend this meeting. Forms for EMS credentialing will be available at the meeting.

Planning for the October Miramar Air Show – Since we will not be having a September Meeting due to the conflict with the ARRL Southwestern Convention, we need to cover as much planning for the Air Show at this meeting, then follow up via email and any special meetings as needed in the weeks to follow and leading up to the event.

Planning for the November Hospital and Clinic Drill – Same issue as the Air Show, we will not be having a September Meeting due to the conflict with the Convention, so once again, planning for the drill needs to start early, participation and volunteers scheduled (as well as credentialing as per our top topic this month). This drill is an excellent opportunity for those folks interested in ARES to be partnered with our team members that have experience and can cross-train others that would like to participate and learn.

***** SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR SATURDAYS MEETING ***** See updated parking information - early arrival is recommended

Folks, as we have been watching and discussing over the past year, there is significant construction ongoing at the La Jolla Campus. The parking lot most ARES members and visitors use is now CLOSED (and if you've been on this campus before, you'll also notice many buildings "missing" :-).

There is an adjacent lot that is at the street level but our understanding is that is specifically for patients and doctors.

This means that we will now be using the underground parking under the hospital itself, as well as the multilevel parking garage by the Ximed building (this is the parking structure to the left as you as facing the main hospital itself) , also on the same campus. Parking remains free (normally 4.00 and higher) but you will want to do what needs to be done for vehicles that have antennas on them that may not be garage friendly.

Planned General Agenda:

•Opening greetings, housekeeping and general introductions
•Current Section Report (Section Manager)
•General Announcements (Section Emergency Coordinator, Asst. Section Emergency Coordinator)
•Weekly Drill Report (Training Coordinator)
•Discussion on ARES Events for FY2014
•Communications Plan Working Updates
•ARES Membership Program Certification / Credentialing Updates
•Credentialing and background check update for the MOC and related service areas
•Club Reports and any activity announcements
•Final comments and general meeting close

As always, there will be a light breakfast provided (donations to offset out of pocket costs are greatly appreciated), and parking fee (normally 4.00) is waived for attendees.

Hope to see you Saturday !

'73 - Bruce, KG6IYN

--

ZFS and performance consulting