Index files

Rick

Jul 20, 2011, 6:06:34 PM7/20/11
to roConnect
I have roconnect working and now it won't index my files, I had Saul
fix it a few days ago but its doing it again there is no progress bar
when I Index files and nothing changes, anybody know what this is and
how I can fix it? Thanks!

roConnect

Jul 20, 2011, 8:21:57 PM7/20/11
to Rick, roConnect
You may want to check and see if you have any unsupported video file formats in your movie folder (like .avi or .mkv) as those have caused issues with indexing. I'm working on some better checking so not to cause issues with the indexing process.

-Saul

Morely the IT Guy

Jul 21, 2011, 1:40:12 PM7/21/11
to roConnect
Somewhat similar issue: roConnect indexes 10 files, and then hangs on
the 11th. I can delete any random file or files, and it still indexes
only the first 10 before hanging.
I am on Windows 7 Pro x64 with WAMPserver 2.1 x64

Morely the IT Guy

Jul 21, 2011, 1:44:04 PM7/21/11
to roConnect

Correction: It's hanging on number 10, not number 11.

Morely the IT Guy

Jul 21, 2011, 1:46:23 PM7/21/11
to roConnect
And after cutting my test folder down to 9 files, I see it's also
indexing the hidden "desktop.ini" file. Should that not be on the
ignore list?

Saul Howard

Jul 22, 2011, 10:30:40 AM7/22/11
to Morely the IT Guy, roConnect
It goes through to index but doesn't actually add that hidden file. It will index any media file the way it stands, which is a design issue I'm going to be fixing. I have found the .avi and .mkv files tend to cause the indexing hang issue so if you have those file remove them and try again.

-Saul

Morely the IT Guy

Jul 22, 2011, 11:43:02 AM7/22/11
to roConnect
Here's the file list as of this morning (and it's working this morning
for these files):

10 O'Clock Live - Charlie Brooker iPad 2.mp4
A Gentlemen's Duel.mp4
A VERY ZOMBIE HOLIDAY (Instructional video).mp4
Bad Apple stop motion PV.mp4
Beatles Rock Band Trailer.mp4
coffeebot.mp4
Doctor Who - Full Length Trailer for New Series 2011 - BBC One.mp4
Franken Takes Down Anti-Gay Witness For Mischaracterizing Study.mp4
Halo Reach Trailer ESRB 1280x720 2997 ST 6300kbps.mp4
Happy Birthday with Lyrics - Stevie Wonder.mp4
Stargate SG-1 2e01 The Serpent's Lair.mp4

Unfortunately it's not going to be practical to remove all the AVIs
and MKVs from my real server (this is a test unit) for several weeks;
I'll need to move them all to my backup server first. The live server
has about 5 terabytes total storage, half of which is video files.

Rick

Jul 24, 2011, 5:44:43 PM7/24/11
to roConnect
I still can't index my files can you give me some direction how to
solve this problem please? The channel is nice but I can't add or
remove any files.

roConnect

Jul 24, 2011, 8:08:36 PM7/24/11
to Rick, roConnect
Rick,

I'm going to work on an update that should be out by the end of tomorrow that will filter out any hidden/unsupported files. I'll send an email out on the newsletter to notify user of the update so be sure to be subscribed (http://www.ro-connect.com/contact.php).

-Saul

Brian

Aug 11, 2011, 3:43:43 AM8/11/11
to roConnect
Saul,

I am having alittle trouble also with the indexing. I thought
roConnect supported .mkv files?

Brian