Can not connect roku box through http://localhost/roku/roku.php

Hurseys

Dec 14, 2011, 8:07:25 PM12/14/11
to roConnect
the localhost site will not detect my roku box on my network. The box
is working
The localhost site also will not let me add videos...just says

What is the deal? Is there not a customer service telephone line?

Can anyone help with this? To my knowledge I have followed the setup
process correctly...

Hurseys

Dec 16, 2011, 5:17:48 PM12/16/11
to roConnect
Is there no one that can provide any help / support for this thing.
This is the only reason I got a roku box. Is the only alternative
apple tv??

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

Keith Farrell

Dec 16, 2011, 5:29:51 PM12/16/11
to roConnect
Any chance you are using IE? I had the same problem plus many
others. When I started using Chrome all my problems stopped.

> > process correctly...- Hide quoted text -

Hurseys

Dec 16, 2011, 5:38:59 PM12/16/11
to roConnect
IE Meaning "Internet Explorer?" Chrome meaning GoogleChrome?

Thank you so much for responding by the way!!!

Keith Farrell

Dec 18, 2011, 9:54:45 PM12/18/11
to roConnect
Your welcome. Yes to both. I have discussed with friends and have
also read other threads where this is a common issue. Installing
Google Chrome helped me fix the issue of indexing not completing.
Also, another fix I found for stopping duplicate entries when re-
indexing is to search for a file named videoMetaData.class.php, it
should be located in c:\wamp\www.roku, right click and edit (notepad
works fine) and search for the string that starts with usort (there is
ony one). Change it from usort to uasort and save. This has worked
for me and others I know. Hope this helps. Tried to make the answer
easy to follow. No offensive intended if explination is to simple.

Jeff Gawrys

Jan 6, 2013, 3:23:27 AM1/6/13
to ro-co...@googlegroups.com
I'm just going to wait until ro-connect figures out what they are doing.  I'm pretty Tech Savvy, but being so don't really have the time to fiddle around with ro-connect right now.  I'm happy just plugging my External USB Drive into my Roku and playing my movies from there.

Good luck to all of you...