Incompatibility between --outSAMattributes --outSAMtype BAM SortedByCoordinate and --quantMode?

Alexander Stoddard

Feb 17, 2015, 4:28:36 PM2/17/15
to rna-...@googlegroups.com

I seem to have found a combinatorial bug with the following three options  using STAR_2.4.0j_modified (Linux_x86_64_static binary).

If I specify all three of the following options I get an immediate segfault upon getting to "Started mapping" in the Log (all aligned output files are empty).

--outSAMtype BAM SortedByCoordinate

--outSAMattributes All

--quantMode TranscriptomeSAM

Any two of the above three run fine. The segfault appears only with all three together. (Or I am just going crazy at this point).

Thank you,

Alexander Stoddard

Alexander Dobin

Feb 25, 2015, 4:27:23 PM2/25/15
to rna-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexander,

I cannot reproduce this behavior on my test dataset. What happens if you list all the necessary parameters on --outSAMattributes, instead of using "All"?

Cheers
Alex