STAR: command not found

Angelo

Apr 12, 2015, 10:39:15 PM4/12/15
to rna-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I am new here and I am not familiar with using a Linux-terminal (I have installed Ubuntu 14.10). But I want to align my RNA reads with STAR what does not work for me.
First I tried to index my genome I downloaded from the esemble genome page. But no matter what I try, I get the error: STAR: command not found.

STAR --runMode genomeGenerate --runThreadN 2 --/home/angelo/STARsource/GenomeDir --genomeFastaFiles /home/angelo/STARsource/GenomeDir/AnidChI.fa
STAR: command not found

Any Idea?

Alexander Dobin

Apr 14, 2015, 6:08:57 PM4/14/15
to rna-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Angelo,

you need to specify full path to the STAR executable, e.g.
/home/angelo/STARsource/STAR
If STAR is in your work directory, you need to use ./STAR

Cheers
Alex