Quality of Fusions detected

Anna Quaglieri

May 11, 2016, 12:58:43 PM5/11/16
to rna-star
Hi Alex,

I am using STAR-fusion to detect fusions in my RNA-seq cancer samples. I got the output from STAR-fusion but is there a way to have an idea about the "quality" of the fusion? The only type of output I get is the number of readsn (also the name of each raed) overlapping and spanning the fusion but no information about the MAPQ of the reads.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks for your help,
Anna

Alexander Dobin

May 11, 2016, 1:21:01 PM5/11/16
to rna-star
Hi Anna,

this question would be better addressed by Brian Haas on the STAR-Fusion forum:

Note that STAR's MAPQ for the reads reflect the number of loci a read maps too, not "true" quality of the mapping.

Cheers
Alex