EXITING becaues of BUG: different annotation status for the same junction while collapsing junctions

xiong...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2014, 3:11:22 PM10/11/14
to rna-...@googlegroups.com
I ran STAR to map RNA-Seq reads (about 30nt length) to C.elegans genome. All other files have successfully mapped, except one of them failed with below error. I've tried both 2.3.1 and 2.4.0a, the error was the same. Anyone have idea how to solve it?

/software/STAR-ENCODE_2014-03-16_2.3.1z1/STAR --runThreadN 10 --readFilesCommand zcat --genomeDir /data/Indices/STAR/C_elegans/WB230/ --readFilesIn "sampleA.fastq.gz" --outFileNamePrefix "sampleA"
Oct 11 20:59:56 ..... Started STAR run
Oct 11 20:59:59 ..... Started mapping

EXITING becaues of BUG: different annotation status for the same junction while collapsing junctions:100817015 991 0 1

Oct 11 21:04:07 ...... FATAL ERROR, exiting

Alexander Dobin

Oct 13, 2014, 12:47:35 PM10/13/14
to rna-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

this is a serious error. To track it, I will need your genome and fastq file. You can send me the whole file, or a small portion of it where you can still see the error.

Cheers
Alex

Peter Sudmant

Feb 15, 2015, 10:56:51 AM2/15/15
to rna-...@googlegroups.com
Was there any follow up to this? I'm having the same issue - I'm happy to send you fastqs etc.

The interesting thing about this bug is it seems to be index specific - in two pass mapping the error only occurred on mapping to the second, extended index.

EXITING becaues of BUG: different annotation status for the same junction while collapsing junctions

Let me know if I should start a new thread

Alexander Dobin

Feb 20, 2015, 12:50:20 AM2/20/15
to rna-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

this was not followed up, and I have not heard about this problem again.
Have you tried the very latest patch of STAR just in case?
I would need the fastq files, the genome you are mapping to, and your parameters to reproduce and fix the problem.

Cheers
Alex

Peter Sudmant

Feb 20, 2015, 11:19:03 AM2/20/15
to rna-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much for your follow up Alex!

Actually, I was using version 2.4.0i, I just switched to 2.4.0j and reran everything without any problems! I'm not sure if that's expected or not... but, it's good for me!

If it's at all helpful I can post up my index and fastqs for debugging purpose on your end. Let me know.

Peter

Alexander Dobin

Feb 25, 2015, 4:57:45 PM2/25/15
to rna-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

it would be nice if you can send me fastq and indices, since I am not sure how the problem got fixed in 2.4.0j - it's better if I checked it carefully.

Cheers
Alex

Peter Sudmant

Feb 26, 2015, 1:16:19 PM2/26/15
to rna-...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I missed this - ok. Will do. I'll contact you by email