v0.5.0 STAR-Fusion Pre-Release

Brian Haas

Oct 5, 2015, 5:02:52 PM10/5/15
to STAR-Fusion, rna-...@googlegroups.com
Greetings all,

The latest version of STAR-Fusion is now available:

There are several changes accompanying this release.  STAR-Fusion now operates as a 'proper' fusion-finder in that it takes fastq files as input and provides fusion predictions as output.  STAR-Fusion now runs the STAR aligner, then maps the predicted fusion reads to reference annotations to identify the candidate fusion partners.

Please pay attention to the documentation regarding the new installation procedure and data resource requirements - which will provide a common framework for other fusion-finding companion tools under development and soon to be released.

The documentation is now available on a STAR-Fusion wiki:

and we have a STAR-Fusion Google group for user support:

Brian Haas

Oct 10, 2015, 8:49:40 AM10/10/15
to STAR-Fusion, rna-...@googlegroups.com

Greetings all,

We just posted a minor release of STAR-Fusion that reincorporates being able to run STAR-Fusion from an existing Chimeric.out.junctions file, in addition to being able to now run it starting from fastq files.

All future STAR-Fusion announcements will be made through the STAR-Fusion google group:

Be sure to subscribe if you haven't already.