RIRUG meeting - January 16th at 6 PM

Joe Alba

Dec 17, 2012, 3:50:39 PM12/17/12
to RIRUG Mailing List
RI Ruby Group's first meeting of 2013 is already planned. How about that?

We're scheduled for January 16th at 6 PM. Batchbook will be hosting again this time.

We will be visited by Brian Cardarella from DockYard and the Boston Ruby Group. His presentation:

- "Gems of DockYard" - Over the past year DockYard has been putting out gems to solve the problems we run into as a consultancy. Sometimes we are solving new problems, sometimes we're suffering from Not Invented Here. I'll go over: the latest ClientSideValidations, ValidAttribute, CapybaraEmail, EasyAuth, Pages, and PostgresExt.

And since we have an out-of-town guest, we will likely hit Nick-a-Nees or Rick's Roadhouse afterwards if you are interested.

If you plan to attend, please be nice and RSVP on our meetup.com group (many thanks for the hookup from Chris Meiklejohn) -- http://www.meetup.com/Rhode-Island-Ruby-Group/

If you have some kind of ill will toward meetup.com, let me know now so I can find some other way to track who will be attending. With any luck, the number of attendees will remain too big to handle via a bunch of "I'll be there" e-mails to the list!

Eric Krause

Jan 14, 2013, 8:38:18 PM1/14/13
to ri...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Just a quick reminder that we have Brian Cardarella coming down from Boston to give us a talk on Wed the 16th at 6pm.   The meeting will be at the Batchbook offices  (171 Chestnut St, Suite 2L, Providence, RI)  If you are planning on coming, please RSVP at  http://www.meetup.com/Rhode-Island-Ruby-Group/events/95696582  so we have an accurate head count.
I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Eric Krause

Eric Krause

James Blanding

Jan 16, 2013, 1:42:28 PM1/16/13
to ri...@googlegroups.com

Do we know if Brian needs a ride from the train station or anything?  I'd be happy to volunteer...

Joe Alba

Jan 16, 2013, 1:44:04 PM1/16/13
to ri...@googlegroups.com
No, he said he would be in Providence today already.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rirug/-/O3sGL9H_6f0J.

Joe Alba
joe...@gmail.com