Meetup Group

cmeiklejohn

Nov 13, 2012, 3:41:55 PM11/13/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
Is there any particular reason there isn't a meetup group for this event?  I'd be nice to see this in the schedule along with all of the other meetups.

Joe Alba

Nov 13, 2012, 3:46:04 PM11/13/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
I'll create it now.

On Nov 13, 2012, at 3:41 PM, cmeiklejohn <christopher...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any particular reason there isn't a meetup group for this event? I'd be nice to see this in the schedule along with all of the other meetups.
>
> --

Joe Alba
joe...@gmail.com

Craig P Jolicoeur

Nov 13, 2012, 3:46:56 PM11/13/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
only reason to date was cost as meetup charges for groups

-- Craig

On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 3:41 PM, cmeiklejohn wrote:

Is there any particular reason there isn't a meetup group for this event?  I'd be nice to see this in the schedule along with all of the other meetups.

Christopher Meiklejohn

Nov 13, 2012, 3:48:18 PM11/13/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
I'm already paying because I host two other meetups, so I'd be happy to stick it under my account.

- Chris

Joe Alba

Nov 13, 2012, 4:05:35 PM11/13/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
Chris, that would be excellent if you could bundle it into your current account -- if it doesn't cost you any extra to do so. I didn't realize how much it costs to put a group out on meetup.com until now (of course, I realize this *after* I put in all the info and try to come up with a decent description).

Here's my starting point for a description. Edit or dump it as you please.

**
Get together with local experts, peers and friends to discuss programming in Ruby. Present on a topic that interests you, vent about your frustrations, or show off that new project you're creating. Discuss that latest Rails change or show off your beer-fetching robot that is controlled by mruby.

We welcome people of any skill level!

We try to meet on the third Wednesday of each month, and the location varies -- although the location is often in/around downtown Providence. Please sign up for the Google Group (https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/rirug) or subscribe to this Meetup.com schedule to stay informed about our next meetings.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rirug/-/RqV2Xz_6Y0AJ.

Joe Alba
joe...@gmail.com

Christopher Meiklejohn