Re: [narwhal] RingoJS and Narwhal

Panagiotis Astithas

Mar 20, 2010, 12:49:41 PM3/20/10
to narw...@googlegroups.com, rin...@googlegroups.com
Great work!
I've played a little with ringo on appengine and I found that the
attached patch was necessary for the admin/create command to work
properly. Otherwise the following error occurs:

org.mozilla.javascript.JavaScriptException: Error: failed to list
directory /foo/bar/WEB-INF/packages (file.js#206)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.file_js_5._c_list_18(file.js:206)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.file_js_5.call(file.js)
at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.call1(OptRuntime.java:66)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.packages_js_4._c_load_1(packages.js:20)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.packages_js_4.call(packages.js)
at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.callProp0(OptRuntime.java:119)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.ringoglobal_js_1._c_anonymous_1(ringoglobal.js:83)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.ringoglobal_js_1.call(ringoglobal.js)
at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.call1(OptRuntime.java:66)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.ringoglobal_js_1._c_script_0(ringoglobal.js:7)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.ringoglobal_js_1.call(ringoglobal.js)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ContextFactory.doTopCall(ContextFactory.java:426)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.doTopCall(ScriptRuntime.java:3161)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.ringoglobal_js_1.call(ringoglobal.js)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.ringoglobal_js_1.exec(ringoglobal.js)
at org.ringojs.engine.ReloadableScript.evaluate(ReloadableScript.java:213)
at org.ringojs.engine.RhinoEngine.evaluateScript(RhinoEngine.java:469)
at org.ringojs.engine.RhinoEngine.<init>(RhinoEngine.java:114)
at org.ringojs.jsgi.JsgiServlet.init(JsgiServlet.java:82)
... 27 more

Cheers,
--
Panagiotis Astithas
http://www.linkedin.com/in/astithas

ringo.patch

Hannes Wallnoefer

Mar 20, 2010, 3:14:51 PM3/20/10
to rin...@googlegroups.com
2010/3/20 Panagiotis Astithas <pas...@gmail.com>:

> Great work!
> I've played a little with ringo on appengine and I found that the
> attached patch was necessary for the admin/create command to work
> properly. Otherwise the following error occurs:

Thanks, I just committed your patch.

Hannes

Irakli Gozalishvili

Mar 20, 2010, 5:35:18 PM3/20/10
to rin...@googlegroups.com
Good work Hannes!!

I'm sure both projects Narwhal and Ringo will gain from this efforts. Looking forward to give it a test drive.
--
Irakli Gozalishvili
Web: http://rfobic.wordpress.com/

pnewhook

Mar 21, 2010, 6:18:05 PM3/21/10
to RingoJS
Hannes, what are the parts of Narwhal that Ringo needs most?
-Peter

On Mar 20, 5:35 pm, Irakli Gozalishvili <rfo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good work Hannes!!
>
> I'm sure both projects Narwhal and Ringo will gain from this efforts.
> Looking forward to give it a test drive.
> --
> Irakli Gozalishvili
> Web:http://rfobic.wordpress.com/
> Phone: +31 614 205275
> Address: Taksteeg 3 - 4, 1012PB Amsterdam, Netherlands
>

> On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 20:14, Hannes Wallnoefer <hann...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2010/3/20 Panagiotis Astithas <past...@gmail.com>:

> > ringojs+u...@googlegroups.com<ringojs%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com >

> > .
> > > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/ringojs?hl=en.
>
> > --

> > ringojs+u...@googlegroups.com<ringojs%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com >

Hannes Wallnoefer

Mar 22, 2010, 4:45:44 AM3/22/10
to RingoJS
On Mar 21, 11:18 pm, pnewhook <peter.newh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hannes, what are the parts of Narwhal that Ringo needs most?
> -Peter

I think it's not individual parts or Narwhal we are looking for. The
Narwhal and Ringo libraries overlap to a large extent, the difference
lies more in style than anywhere else.

The real goal is to unite two worlds and be able to run applications
regardless of whether they use Ringo or Narwhal libs. So this really
aims to the core of the whole CommonJS thing - to create an open and
interoperable JavaScript ecosystem.

Of course this goes both ways - just like we hope to make use of
applications and libraries from the Narwhal ecosystem, we should try
to make our libraries and apps available to other platforms. So I
think we should make a concious effort to break out stuff that is
currently part of ringojs into stand-alone packages that are usable on
other platforms.

I think we should talk about that in today's IRC meeting, so I've
added it to the agenda.

http://ringojs.org/wiki/IRC%20Meeting/

Hannes