How does Rikulo UI compare to Sencha Touch?

Steven Roose

Dec 18, 2014, 5:48:43 AM12/18/14
to rik...@googlegroups.com
Primarily concerning maturity and performance, especially for the use on mobile phones. But also regarding the variety of available widgets and functionalities.

Sencha Touch is business-class software and very mature. I'm a little scared Rikulo might be of slightly lower quality overall, but I have no idea.

Thanks
Steven

Tom Yeh

Mar 11, 2015, 12:52:56 AM3/11/15
to rik...@googlegroups.com
The philosophy behind them is very different. Rikulo UI is trying to mimic the infrastructure of traditional GUI widget system. It is why it uses a lot of absolute positioning, and layout management that are not common in HTML-based solution.

When implementing Quire, we move on to another solution, Bootjack (also implemented by us). It required less JS code but a lot of CSS stuffs, i.e., it is more a kind of traditional HTML-based solution. Pros is the performance shall be better. Cons is you're constrained in CSS world -- you have to think in CSS way when designing UI.