Future of RikuloUI

adam....@btinternet.com

Mar 9, 2015, 10:14:54 AM3/9/15
to rik...@googlegroups.com
I am looking for a Dart UI frameworks and RikuloUI seems to fit the bill but there has not been any development done on the framework for more than a year now. Could someone comment on future plans please?

Tom Yeh

Mar 11, 2015, 12:45:03 AM3/11/15
to rik...@googlegroups.com, adam....@btinternet.com
For Quire, we're using Bootjack instead of Rikulo UI. It is why we don't enhance it much. However, Rikulo UI is, in my point of view, complete as a component framework. We'll keep fixing bugs if any, but won't introduce new UI components, which is better to be hosted as a separated project.

adam....@btinternet.com

Mar 14, 2015, 8:00:02 AM3/14/15
to rik...@googlegroups.com
You seem moved away from what you named as "Structured UI Model" to CSS/HTML. Would you mind explaining your motivations behind it?

tom...@potix.com

Mar 14, 2015, 9:36:24 AM3/14/15
to rik...@googlegroups.com, adam....@btinternet.com
Time! I don't have time to get it complete -- at least with a decent set of components. With HTML5 + CSS3, though messy, it is easy to get started as long as you got engineers with strong knowledge of CSS3.

adam....@btinternet.com

Mar 14, 2015, 9:55:27 AM3/14/15
to rik...@googlegroups.com
Ok understand. Can I take it that you still believe that a UI framework is still a superior solution for more complex browser applications?

tom...@potix.com

Mar 17, 2015, 4:26:56 AM3/17/15
to rik...@googlegroups.com, adam....@btinternet.com
IMO, structural approach as we tried in Rikulo UI can lead to a solution much simpler and more elegant. OTOH, CSS3 itself has turned into a powerful UI framework, though complicated and a lot of try-and-error efforts --- but definitely not inferior:)
Message has been deleted