what kind of ontologies can be imported into Rightfield??

Yujue Wang

Apr 29, 2014, 7:35:58 PM4/29/14
to right...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I want to use Rightfield in my research on Archaeology. So I need to build an ontology by myself and import it into Rightfield.

Would you please tell me some descriptions, standards or rules about the ontologies that can be imported?

Does the ontology must be written in RDF?  Are there any frames that can be used to build an ontology??

Thank you very much!

Katy Wolstencroft

Apr 30, 2014, 2:55:57 AM4/30/14
to right...@googlegroups.com
Dear Yujue,

RightField can import ontologies written in RDF, OWL, or SKOS (and also OBO, but this is a format specifically for life science ontologies).

If you want to develop your own ontology, there are a number of tools you could use. I would recommend using Protege (http://protege.stanford.edu/). If you are new to ontology development, the OWL Pizza tutorial might help you get started (http://130.88.198.11/tutorials/protegeowltutorial/).

Best wishes,

Katy

Yujue Wang

Apr 30, 2014, 6:01:04 AM4/30/14
to right...@googlegroups.com
Dear Katy,

Thank you for your advice. And I was wondering if I could build ontologies in SKOS?  Is there any recommend software used to build ontology in SKOS?

Best wishes.

Yujue