RE: Commercialization Strategy

Scott Taylor

Jun 26, 2012, 9:03:28 AM6/26/12
to rics-inve...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Ric!  I’ve started looking.

Cheers,

Scott

From: rics-inve...@googlegroups.com [mailto:rics-inve...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Ric Richardson
Sent: Tuesday, 26 June 2012 1:12 PM
To: rics-inve...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Commercialization Srategy

You use your bus plan to work out how to get from A to B, What is B? A trade sale usually. I work out the top three targets for a trade sale then work back from there. Who has done a trade sale to one of the the top three targets for a price around what you want to sell to... then you go shopping for a CEO. I dont use connections. I use headhunters and internet research and anyone I know familiar with the target companies.

Who better to run your company than someone who has sold something like it before?

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Myloop <jo...@aiqsana.com.au> wrote:

Taking one step back; I'm getting the idea that your CEO has different meaning from the traditional ceo.  Who is a CEO?  You often say you find the right CEO, but how does one source these people?  Do you do this through networking, professional finders?

On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 10:34:59 AM UTC+10, Ric Richardson wrote:

Hi mate. I don't think one way or the other. I always use a professional CEO to make those decisions. My mantra is to delegate where I have weaknesses. And my weakness is market entry. I think most inventors are the same way so I work out how to find the right person to do it for me. R

http://www.ricrichardson.com
US Tel: +1.714.656.3750
AU Tel: +61.2.8003.7490