Rhodes 3.5 and iOS7 issues

Subramanya Yash

Jan 21, 2014, 12:00:28 AM1/21/14
to rhom...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

I have an app which was developed using Rhodes 3.5 for both iOS and Android. I installed the app in iPad withOS 7. But it is has lot  of issues.

Our app is developed only in Portrait mode and not in Landscape, but when we open the app in Landscape mode in iPad (OS 7),

1. the splash screen will displayed in landscape mode for few seconds and then turns to portrait.and the image is stretched.

2. the number pad is displaying in landscape mode even we turn the device in portrait.

these issue are only in iPad with OS7 and i checked the same in iPad with OS6, it has no issues and working very fine.

Please help me on these and Thanks in advance.

Jon Tara

Jan 22, 2014, 12:43:33 PM1/22/14
to rhom...@googlegroups.com
Pretty simple: Rhodes 3.5 doesn't support iOS 7, and I don't think there are any plans to update it to support iOS7. You can't even build for iOS 7. You'll need to update to Rhodes 4.x.

You can build for iOS 6.1 and install on iOS7, and it generally works well enough. But starting in February, the App Store will no longer accept applications not build for iOS7.

subramanya yash

Feb 18, 2014, 1:08:53 AM2/18/14
to rhom...@googlegroups.com
Now i upgraded to Rhodes 4.0 and building the app using Xcode5. but still i am having same issue in iOS7 as mentioned above. Please advise.

Stephen Benner

Feb 25, 2014, 7:41:35 AM2/25/14
to rhom...@googlegroups.com
Hi, just wanted to mention that I think Apple's policy is a bit different than described by Jon. Not to nitpick, but technically Apple is only refusing apps not built with the Xcode 5 software, and which aren't optimized for iOS7. This still allows for iOS6 apps to be submitted as long as they can be made with Xcode 5 and are approved by Apple. But really, everyone should be writing their first apps with iOS7 in any case. Just thought I would clarify the point in case someone needed to create an iOS6 app.

Jon Tara

Mar 17, 2014, 4:53:24 PM3/17/14
to rhom...@googlegroups.com
It turns out that Rhodes 3.5 has been updated to build with Xcode 5.

You will need to check-out the repo at 3-5-stable, though, and build the Gem yourself.