rmr2 3.3.1 and plyrmr 0.6.0 released

Antonio Piccolboni

Feb 13, 2015, 8:23:04 PM2/13/15
to rha...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
rmr2 3.3.1 is a bugfix release. plyrmr 0.6.0 introduces support for a spark backend. It was there in 0.5.0, still incomplete. Now it passes all the tests as the Mapreduce backend. I am sure there still more work ahead and that the api is not settled, hence this release is still 0.x series and marked as a pre-release, but it's already usable and it's a great time to provide feedback.

Links:

As you might have noticed, we switched to using the releases feature of github. The "new in this release" and "changelog" pages are replaced by the releases page. The downloads page is still there but it's no longer necessary for rmr2 and plyrmr, just go to the releases page directly. Below the text, are the links to the actual builds (win build included for rmr2). Then there are links to source code archives, which for these projects include the R pacakge source but also additional documentation and older builds (which are progressively removed). Not sure these latter links are so useful, if you want to participate to the project cloning is the way. The additional documents can be accessed directly in the browser.

 Thanks

Antonio