How to Connect Client R(Windows) and Server HDFS(Linux) using RHDFS

Selvan Ponraj

Apr 2, 2015, 11:11:05 AM4/2/15
to rha...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I m new to R and i am stuck with one issue. Any help would be appreciated.

I have managed to install RHDFS and copied all necessary Jar files from Linux to windows to make hdfs.init() working.

But I have never specified  any URL to connect to Linux HDFS

How does My windows RHDFS connect to Linus HDFS server.

hdfs.ls("/user/hadoop") is not working.

Can yoo please throw light on it.

Env:

R Studio and R on on Windows Desktop

HDFS on Linux Server

Regards
Selvan

Antonio Piccolboni

Apr 2, 2015, 11:15:04 AM4/2/15
to RHadoop Google Group
On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 1:53 AM, Selvan Ponraj <selvan...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I m new to R and i am stuck with one issue. Any help would be appreciated.

I have managed to install RHDFS and copied all necessary Jar files from Linux to windows to make hdfs.init() working.

That doesn't sound like the way you are supposed to install it. Do you have HDP for windows?

But I have never specified  any URL to connect to Linux HDFS

How does My windows RHDFS connect to Linus HDFS server.

hdfs.ls("/user/hadoop") is not working.

Please make a complete problem report.

--
post: rha...@googlegroups.com ||