Installing R Studio for Hortonworks Cluster

AVINAV CHANDRA Mishra

Feb 26, 2016, 9:07:00 AM2/26/16
to RHadoop

HI Everyone,

i have a need to user R and connect ot my hortonworks hdfs for the analytics. I  am new to R and starting my journey from this task to R. Based on my understanding i we can install R on any remote server and use it through putty on any machine. Or install Rstudio server on any remote  machine and use it through web browser. This looks good to me.

Now the problem starts : I want to install RHadoop with my hadoop cluster.

The guide says to install below. How to install this. On which node to install Rstudio if i want to use as web. Shall i install R Studio on namenode or datanode. or on ll the node.

PackageWhere to Install
plyrmrOn every node in the cluster
ravroOnly on the node that runs the R client
rhbaseOnly on the node that runs the R client
rhdfsOnly on the node that runs the R client
rmr2On every node in the cluster

Saar Golde

Feb 26, 2016, 11:13:19 AM2/26/16
to rha...@googlegroups.com
The best would be to install RStudio Server on a data node or an edge node.

--
post: rha...@googlegroups.com ||