Installation of Rhadoop inside Sandbox HortonWork - Help on Rmr2 , rhdfs needed

aisyah mat jasin

Nov 4, 2015, 1:01:45 PM11/4/15
to RHadoop

Hi there ,

Thanks for the approval of me in this group.

I'm doing research in Big Data and at this moment exploring RHadoop with the bundle from Sandbox Hortonwork ( latest version ).

I am facing few difficulties ;

a) How to ensure my configuration really inline with others , i read few tutorial and the configuration are different especially when i run rmr2.3 installation , got problem with permission on directory ;
    i) etc
   ii ) proc
  iii ) tmp
  iv )lib
  and etc.

How can i resolve that since it is running from R Console via web base and i'm using normal user and not super user. I have super user account .

b) How can i install rhdfs since it repeatedly come with the file error and from the tutorial it said probably due to downloading issues. I have downloaded few times and yet the same errors .

I wish , any guys that really into this environment can assist me.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Best wishes
Aisyah Mat Jasin