How to run a R program which produces multiple outfiles using Hadoop/ RHadoop

Shalini Ravishankar

Jan 26, 2015, 4:55:18 PM1/26/15
to rha...@googlegroups.com

Hello Everyone,

I am new to R and hadoop. I have a R program which takes 3 inputs (text files) and process(Statistical Analysis) it and produces(outputs) a bunch of files (mostly PDFs which has graphs and some text files)

How do I do run this R program with Hadoop ??

Can someone please give me some advice on this.

Thanks,

Shalini

Antonio Piccolboni

Jan 26, 2015, 5:32:48 PM1/26/15
to RHadoop Google Group
Hi,
while I can not solve specific programming tasks, I have a some general suggestions that you may consider if you are so inclined. One is to learn R first and then combine it with Hadoop, doing both at once seems too hard for  most people, and counterproductive. The other is that I don't know of any way to run an existing program on Hadoop using RHadoop, you need to modify it to use packages in RHadoop to take advantage of Hadoop.

Antonio

--
post: rha...@googlegroups.com ||