Deploying to Heroku

Volkan Unsal

Jun 23, 2014, 12:46:02 PM6/23/14
to rgeo-...@googlegroups.com
I am having trouble building this gem on Heroku. I have attempted to use several buildpacks to no success. The latest one if heroku-geo-buildpack.

It's failing silently. Has anyone had any success recently in building RGeo on Heroku?

Volkan Unsal

Jun 23, 2014, 2:11:33 PM6/23/14
to rgeo-...@googlegroups.com
Follow up. I submitted a pull request with a fix. It works now.

Mauricio Giraldo

Jul 28, 2014, 1:02:44 PM7/28/14
to rgeo-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I managed to get the multi buildpacks to work (had to use the latest version #123 instead of #79 for heroku buildpack and #1.2 instead of #1.1 for geo buildpack).

The push goes fine (it used to throw a "wrong ruby version" error) and I see this in the console:

=====> Downloading Buildpack: https://github.com/cyberdelia/heroku-geo-buildpack.git
=====> Detected Framework: geos/gdal/proj
       Using geos version: 3.4.2
       Using gdal version: 1.11.0
       Using proj version: 4.8.0
-----> Vendoring geo libraries done

So it seems everything gets installed just fine.

However, when I run a rake task that does some geometry operations I get this error:

rake aborted!
Method Surface#centroid not defined.
/app/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/rgeo-0.3.20/lib/rgeo/feature/surface.rb:99:in `centroid'

Any idea what this could be?

Any help will be appreciated! Been working on this issue alone for days now.

Thanks

Mauricio

Tyler DeWitt

Jul 28, 2014, 1:39:39 PM7/28/14
to rgeo-...@googlegroups.com
Is it a linking issue to geos?

I'm not sure on the particulars of how it works, but I had to restart one machine after reinstalling all the components of rgeo to get it to utilize geos, even though it was on the path.

Sent from my iPhone

Mauricio Giraldo

Jul 28, 2014, 3:16:05 PM7/28/14
to rgeo-...@googlegroups.com
Restart did not work for me :\

I added an LD_LIBRARY_PATH env var and still nothing.

*sigh*