activerecord-postgis-adapter v2 do not create separate schema in Rails 4

Сергей Вернидуб

Feb 16, 2015, 4:05:05 AM2/16/15
to rgeo-...@googlegroups.com

I'm updating Rails 3.2 project with activerecord-postgis-adapter (0.6.5) to Rails 4.0 (ar-postgis-adapter 2.2.1).

When I try to create test db via rake db:create created db has only one public schema with spatial_ref_sys table and PostGIS functions.

When I try to clone development db to test I have errors on tables with postgis columns: type "postgis.geography" does not exist

From source code I discovered that gem accepts new param postgis_schema from connection configuration (this param do not specified in readme). In early versions separate schema name was extracted from schema_search_path. I specified it but nothing was changed.