"Error uploading diff" seen for certain clearcase file rules

Hari Prasad

Sep 1, 2016, 1:58:04 AM9/1/16
to reviewboard
Hi,

We are using ReviewBoard version 2.5.2.

When raising review requests, only for some specific clearcase file rules, getting the error "Error uploading diff".

Not sure why this error is happening for such rules. I doubled checked the file rule and its a valid rule.

Is there any way to debug this error?

Please clarify.

Christian Hammond

Sep 1, 2016, 3:27:18 AM9/1/16
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

How are you uploading the diffs?

If you're using RBTools, can you show me a debug log (running with --debug)?

Christian

--
Christian Hammond
President/CEO of Beanbag

--
Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/

Hari Prasad

Sep 1, 2016, 8:13:29 AM9/1/16
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,

We use "post-review" for posting reviews while rbt attach and rbt
publish to publish reviews. We had some issues in posting reviews
using rbt in our setup we are using post-review command.

In the attached log file, post-review fails for file XYZ.cc but works
fine ABC.cc.

Have attached the output of post-review running with --debug.

Please clarify what is going wrong.

Regards,
Hari
>> email to reviewboard...@googlegroups.com.
>

> --
> https://rbcommons.com/
> ---
> Google Groups "reviewboard" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/reviewboard/js9ZQt1gGCY/unsubscribe.
> reviewboard...@googlegroups.com.

Best regards,
Hari
reviewboard-log.txt

David Trowbridge

Sep 8, 2016, 6:51:40 PM9/8/16
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hari,

post-review is quite old at this point and we no longer support it.

-David

Hari Prasad

Sep 9, 2016, 3:43:14 AM9/9/16
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,
Due to the following issue in rbt post, am using post-review.

Am getting the following error if I use rbt post but the same works
fine with post-review:

[hariprak:hariprak_reviewboard_dontdelete: /vobs/dsl/source02]$rbt
post --revision-range='/vobs/dsl/source02/Alarm/handler/alarm.c@@/main/ahaa/FR_BUG02268424/0;/vobs/dsl/source02/Alarm/handler/alarm.c@@/main/ahaa/FR_BUG02268424/1;'
--server='http://chn-reviewboard/reviewboard' --branch=default -g
--username=hariprak --password=hariprak --target-people=hariprak
--summary='BUG02268424' --description="test" --bugs-closed=BUG02268424
CRITICAL:root:Error creating review request: The repository path
specified is not in the list of known repositories. (HTTP 400, API
Error 206)
[hariprak:hariprak_reviewboard_dontdelete: /vobs/dsl/source02]$
[hariprak:hariprak_reviewboard_dontdelete: /vobs/dsl/source02]$
[hariprak:hariprak_reviewboard_dontdelete: /vobs/dsl/source02]$
[hariprak:hariprak_reviewboard_dontdelete:
/vobs/dsl/source02]$post-review
--revision-range='/vobs/dsl/source02/Alarm/handler/alarm.c@@/main/ahaa/FR_BUG02268424/0;/vobs/dsl/source02/Alarm/handler/alarm.c@@/main/ahaa/FR_BUG02268424/1;'
--server='http://chn-reviewboard/reviewboard' --branch=default -g
--username=hariprak --password=hariprak --target-people=hariprak
--summary='BUG02268424' --description="test" --bugs-closed=BUG02268424
Review request #419 posted.

May I know why am getting the repository path error only for rbt post?

If this is resolved and rbt post works, then I can check if rbt post
works for the file rule failing with post-review.

Please clarify.

Regards,
Hari

David Trowbridge

Sep 9, 2016, 3:52:46 AM9/9/16
to revie...@googlegroups.com
It could be that the path matching got a little more strict. I'd suggest using the --repository argument or REPOSITORY config-file key to explicitly specify which repository (configured within Review Board) to use.

-David

Hari Prasad

Sep 9, 2016, 4:25:46 AM9/9/16
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

I managed to make rbt post work with --repository, thanks.

Now when I used rbt post for the problematic file rule, am still
getting the error "Error uploading diff". --debug shows the below:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/rbt", line 9, in <module>
load_entry_point('RBTools==0.5', 'console_scripts', 'rbt')()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/RBTools-0.5-py2.7.egg/rbtools/commands/main.py",
line 99, in main
command.run_from_argv([RB_MAIN] + args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/RBTools-0.5-py2.7.egg/rbtools/commands/__init__.py",
line 150, in run_from_argv
exit_code = self.main(*args) or 0
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/RBTools-0.5-py2.7.egg/rbtools/commands/post.py",
line 450, in main
submit_as=self.options.submit_as)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/RBTools-0.5-py2.7.egg/rbtools/commands/post.py",
line 346, in post_request
raise CommandError(''.join(error_msg))
rbtools.commands.CommandError: Error uploading diff

I could see review id 422 in the RB GUI but diff is missing in the same.

I tried diffing different versions of the problematic file but still
getting same error.

Please let me know what could have caused the error.

If you need any other debug info, please let me know.

Regards,
Hari

Christian Hammond

Sep 9, 2016, 6:45:08 AM9/9/16
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hari,

RBTools 0.5 is ancient. Please give the latest 0.7.x a try.

Christian