Re: Chrome Extension: Review Board Notifier

David Trowbridge

Apr 19, 2013, 8:35:49 PM4/19/13
to reviewboard
Kiro,

Very cool!

What are the icons in the upper right?

-David

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Kirollos Risk <kiro...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey everyone!

Here's a Chrome extension, Review Board Notifier:

Features:
  • Quick glance on an review board requests assigned to you, whether they are waiting for ship it, or have been given ship it
  • Click on an item to quickly get to the details
  • Notifies you when there are new RB requests assigned to you
  • Configurable via the settings page

Screenshots:

You can install it for free, via https://github.com/krisk/rbn

- Kiro

--
Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/

kvr

Apr 22, 2013, 6:58:14 AM4/22/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
How to get it?
I Could not find it in Chrome Web store.

Daniel Laird

Apr 22, 2013, 11:56:14 AM4/22/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
I have downloaded and installed it - I have then pointed it at my company server.
But it just spins - with the busy icon.

Does it require anonymous access or anything as it does not seem to be asking for username/password?

Dan

Kirollos Risk

Apr 22, 2013, 4:14:01 PM4/22/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Good questions..

The "thumb up" icon means that the RB has been given a "ship it"
The "red exclamation" icon means that the RB is waiting for a "ship it".

I'm thinking of ways to make it more explicit.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

- Kiro

David Trowbridge

Apr 22, 2013, 4:15:43 PM4/22/13
to reviewboard
I'd personally recommend:

- If a review request doesn't have a ship-it, just leave it with no icon
- For ship-it's use the green check-mark that the Review Board dashboard uses.
- When we figure out how to represent open issues in the dashboard, replicate that, too.

-David

Kirollos Risk

Apr 22, 2013, 4:17:00 PM4/22/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Ah, once installed and opened, it uses the the appropriate Review Board cookie.

If it spins indefinitely, it may mean that you haven't logged in to Review Board, thus the authentication cookie isn't set.

Currently, you cannot log in via the extension itself (I am working on that).

- Kiro

Kirollos Risk

Apr 22, 2013, 4:20:04 PM4/22/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
It's not in the Chrome Web store yet.

But, you can install it by downloading the .crx file at https://github.com/krisk/rbn/blob/master/package/rbn.crx, open chrome://extensions on your browser, and drag the .crx file into it.

Let me know if you encounter any problems.

- Kiro

Kirollos Risk

Apr 22, 2013, 4:24:34 PM4/22/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Great recommendations!

I will make the appropriate updates.

Thanks,

- Kiro

Daniel Laird

Apr 23, 2013, 3:59:29 AM4/23/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
I am logged into Reviewboard via Chome but still getting the spinning icon - is there a way to find out which cookie file its using?

Dan

kvr

Apr 23, 2013, 7:20:55 AM4/23/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Kiro, it worked.

kvr

Apr 23, 2013, 7:35:31 AM4/23/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
I am also getting just spinning icon.

Kiro

Apr 23, 2013, 9:56:42 AM4/23/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
That's odd...

In the settings, what do you have as the Review Board base URL?

- Kiro
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "reviewboard" group.

kvr

Apr 24, 2013, 6:58:28 AM4/24/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
My server's IP address,xxx.xxx.xx.xx.
Tried with prefixing http:// also, but no use.

kvr

Apr 25, 2013, 1:04:30 AM4/25/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
I have tried with http:// and my port is a default port(80).
I am running behind proxy,is this the cause?

Kirollos Risk

Apr 26, 2013, 1:40:18 AM4/26/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Could definitely be the case.

Just in case, can you definitely access RB by putting http://<ip>:<port> in the address bar?

Additionally, could you right-click on the extension icon --> inspect popup, and in the console, write "location.reload(true)", and see any error that occur?

Sorry about all this!

- Kiro

David Dibben

Apr 26, 2013, 2:47:46 AM4/26/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
I also have just a spinner

When I fist tried your suggestion it gave an authentication error. But I noticed a double // in the URL. Removing the trailing backslash from the base URL made the authentication error go away. But I still get the spinner. Now trying location.reload(true) gives no error at all. It just causes the pop up to flash and continue spinning.

I can see reviewboard in the browser fine. Also, if I put the base URL + api/session in the browser directly I get an XML document showing that I am correctly authenticated.

Kiro

Apr 26, 2013, 3:16:29 AM4/26/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com, revie...@googlegroups.com
I will keep investigating.  Thanks for the detailed report!  Definitely helps.