Ubuntu 15.04 installation.

Anatoly Popov

Nov 8, 2015, 11:53:45 AM11/8/15
to reverbrain
Hello.

As far as I understood there are no repositories for Ubuntu 15.04 and I can't degrade to 14.04 LTS because of our hardware (we have drivers only for 15.04), so I tried to compile eblob from source using instructions from http://doc.reverbrain.com/elliptics:server_eblob_tutorial

So, eblob requires handystats and I used master branch from here: https://github.com/shindo/handystats

I installed libboost-test-dev and libxorg-gtest-dev, and run:
cmake .
make
sudo make install

Everything is ok as far as I can understood (no error messages), but I can't compile eblob, because it output some errors:

aensidhe@ibd-server-ubuntu:~/elliptics/eblob$ debuild -sa
 dpkg
-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D -us -uc -sa
dpkg
-buildpackage: source package eblob
dpkg
-buildpackage: source version 0.23.8
dpkg
-buildpackage: source distribution unstable
dpkg
-buildpackage: source changed by Evgeniy Polyakov <zbr@ioremap.net>
 dpkg
-source --before-build eblob
dpkg
-buildpackage: host architecture amd64
dpkg
-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: handystats (>= 1.10.2)
dpkg
-buildpackage: warning: build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied; aborting
dpkg
-buildpackage: warning: (Use -d flag to override.)
debuild
: fatal error at line 1376:
dpkg
-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D -us -uc -sa failed

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you, very much.

Evgeniy Polyakov

Nov 8, 2015, 12:18:32 PM11/8/15
to Anatoly Popov, reverbrain
Hi Anatoly

08.11.2015, 19:53, "Anatoly Popov" <anatol...@gmail.com>:
> As far as I understood there are no repositories for Ubuntu 15.04 and I can't degrade to 14.04 LTS because of our hardware (we have drivers only for 15.04), so I tried to compile eblob from source using instructions from http://doc.reverbrain.com/elliptics:server_eblob_tutorial
>
> So, eblob requires handystats and I used master branch from here: https://github.com/shindo/handystats
>
> I installed libboost-test-dev and libxorg-gtest-dev, and run:
> cmake .
> make
> sudo make install
>
> Everything is ok as far as I can understood (no error messages), but I can't compile eblob, because it output some errors:
>
> aensidhe@ibd-server-ubuntu:~/elliptics/eblob$ debuild -sa
> dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: handystats (>= 1.10.2)

You should not only build handystats, but also install it as a package.

So instead of doing cmake/make/make install in handystats, try building a package with the same 'debuild -sa' command

Anatoly Popov

Nov 8, 2015, 12:36:04 PM11/8/15
to reverbrain, anatol...@gmail.com, z...@ioremap.net
Hi, Evgeniy.

On Sunday, November 8, 2015 at 8:18:32 PM UTC+3, Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
Hi Anatoly

You should not only build handystats, but also install it as a package.

So instead of doing cmake/make/make install in handystats, try building a package with the same 'debuild -sa' command

I'm sorry for a lot of newbie questions, but I'm not yet a linux developer yet. So, debuild -sa for handystats failed on sign stage, log attached. I think this means that package is not installed, so debuild for eblob fails too.
handystats.log

Evgeniy Polyakov

Nov 8, 2015, 9:58:45 PM11/8/15

08.11.2015, 20:36, "Anatoly Popov" <anatol...@gmail.com>:
>> So instead of doing cmake/make/make install in handystats, try building a package with the same 'debuild -sa' command
>
> I'm sorry for a lot of newbie questions, but I'm not yet a linux developer yet. So, debuild -sa for handystats failed on sign stage, log attached. I think this means that package is not installed, so debuild for eblob fails too.

debuild doesn't install package it only builds and signs it, the latter fails in your case.

You still can install it without signature, check the one level higher directory, it should contain deb package file.