[Backrunner] ETag

Anatoly Popov

Feb 4, 2016, 2:06:36 AM2/4/16
to reverbrain
Hi.

AFAIR, elliptics generate some hashes for blobs, stored in it. Could backrunner set strong ETag header based on that hashsum?

Thank you.

Evgeniy Polyakov

Feb 6, 2016, 6:17:18 AM2/6/16
to Anatoly Popov, reverbrain
Hi Anatoly

04.02.2016, 10:06, "Anatoly Popov" <anatol...@gmail.com>:
> AFAIR, elliptics generate some hashes for blobs, stored in it. Could backrunner set strong ETag header based on that hashsum?

We will think on this, it is not that simple - there are blobs without checksums, so etag will not work for them.
There is usually a timestamp in the blob, so it can be used if checksum is unavailable.

So far you can use If-Modified-Since header, it should do the trick.