RestKit and AFNetworking 2.0

Rodrigo

Sep 16, 2013, 8:17:19 AM9/16/13
to res...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Does the RestKit have a roadmap to port RestKit to be AFNetworking 2.0 compliant?
AFNetworking 2.0 is a major update released last week, which supports new iOS 7 features such as NSURLSessions.

Rod

Blake Watters

Oct 2, 2013, 9:02:55 PM10/2/13
to res...@googlegroups.com
Yes, updating to work with AFN 2.0 is on my short list of priorities

Mike Antonelli

Oct 31, 2013, 1:22:01 PM10/31/13
to res...@googlegroups.com
Hi Blake,

I was digging into this and was hoping to switch to a dev branch which utilized AFN 2.0, but didn't see anything on the github repo yet - any thoughts on when this upgrade might be consumable?

Thanks for all your hard work on the project!

Mike

Blake Watters

Nov 15, 2013, 2:25:07 PM11/15/13
to res...@googlegroups.com
This branch will appear within the next week or so. I am just getting around to focusing on it.

Daniel Wang

Dec 4, 2013, 10:32:18 AM12/4/13
to res...@googlegroups.com
Hi Blake, echoing Mike's request from earlier -- any update on this?

Georgios Andr

Dec 4, 2013, 1:07:12 PM12/4/13
to res...@googlegroups.com
+1
any time schedule for the AFNetworking 2.0 ?
Thank you Blake.

Rodrigo

Dec 4, 2013, 1:09:15 PM12/4/13
to res...@googlegroups.com
+1 on this too.

Phạm Quang

Dec 12, 2013, 11:23:12 AM12/12/13
to res...@googlegroups.com
+1 on this too.

Daniel Wang

Dec 15, 2013, 3:03:19 PM12/15/13
to res...@googlegroups.com
Blake, I noticed the afnetworking2 branch on github - will check it out tonight or tomorrow.  Just want to say thank you for your hard work on this project.

Scott Weinert

Jan 13, 2014, 12:28:39 PM1/13/14
to res...@googlegroups.com
+1 on this.

parthis

Jan 21, 2014, 10:52:43 AM1/21/14
to res...@googlegroups.com
Any word on this?

Safe to play with or might burn your hands?

Simon Burbidge

Jan 21, 2014, 8:54:00 PM1/21/14
to res...@googlegroups.com
Hi Blake. Any news on this update? We've got requirements to use AFNetworking 2.0, but RestKit is such a major (and fantastic) part of the project that its not possible to update AFN.

Thanks!

Blake Watters

Feb 3, 2014, 9:20:31 PM2/3/14
to res...@googlegroups.com
Still a work in progress. I am tied up with other things but this will be on top of my priority list soon

GrantC

May 17, 2014, 7:08:31 AM5/17/14
to res...@googlegroups.com
Any updates on this?

BrendanG

Aug 15, 2014, 10:25:48 AM8/15/14
to res...@googlegroups.com
Doesn't look like this is going to happen, I've been waiting a while now to hear any news, looks like I'm going to have to stop using RestKit, very disappointed I really liked it

On Saturday, May 17, 2014 7:08:31 AM UTC-4, GrantC wrote:
Any updates on this?

BenPax

Aug 25, 2014, 10:05:02 AM8/25/14
to res...@googlegroups.com
Restkit is great, but is there any progress on updating to AFNetworking 2.0? Is that project no longer in the works?

Dan Morrow

Sep 16, 2014, 11:18:58 AM9/16/14
to res...@googlegroups.com
Haven't heard anything about this since February. Is there any information about when we might see AFNetworking in RestKit?

Sumit Savla

Sep 17, 2014, 7:02:51 PM9/17/14
to res...@googlegroups.com
Hi Blake... any update on this ?
I like restkit but not having afnetworking 2.0 is show stopper!

BrendanG

Sep 24, 2014, 2:43:12 PM9/24/14
to res...@googlegroups.com
Question to anyone who is going through similar issue. I'm probably going to remove RestKit from my project due to the need for AFNetworking 2.0, what are you going to use to replace RestKit. At this point I'm considering a combination of Mantle and AFNetworking 2.0. Thoughts? Recommendations?

Sixten Otto

Sep 25, 2014, 2:25:31 PM9/25/14
to res...@googlegroups.com
I've considered going down essentially the path that Blake had planned, though perhaps more drastically: hacking out just the results mapping parts of RestKit, and reworking them as a mechanism implementing AFURLResponseSerialization. This under the theory that most of the response mapping setup in the app could remain relatively intact, and that we have no intention of moving away from Core Data for these apps.

But I'm not really sure what the scope of work would be, nor had I reached the point of desperation where I needed to embark on seriously researching it.

PT

Sep 25, 2014, 7:26:33 PM9/25/14
to res...@googlegroups.com
Also in no rush, the Restkit team still issuing updates, I have no other requirement for AFNetworking currently, Restkit as it stands is simply a perfect fit for my current and planned apps and I cannot find another product that fits half as well. If I had to move reworking Restkit along the lines started in the experimental upgrade branch as Sixten Otto suggests would be worth considering as an alternative to implementing Mantle or another product and would be happy to collaborate on this.

Dave Grundgeiger

Oct 3, 2014, 11:58:11 AM10/3/14
to res...@googlegroups.com
We'd like to use RestKit in our apps, but can't because we also use a framework that depends on AFNetworking 2. We're interested in paying a RestKit contributor to make this change and shepherd it through the process to get it into the main trunk. If you're interested, please send a quote via private reply.

Dave

Ryan Kelly

Oct 6, 2014, 11:50:12 PM10/6/14
to res...@googlegroups.com
Hi Blake, is RestKit still being supported? I have seen where you started migration to AFN 2.0 as experimental but curious whether you have plans to complete it? I'm either considering doing it myself and creating my own fork, or simply not using it. I understand if not, but would appreciate a response.

Thanks!

SA

Nov 9, 2014, 4:22:05 AM11/9/14
to res...@googlegroups.com