[RestKit 0.20.0] Best practice for temporary objects with Core Data

Yanik

May 1, 2013, 9:42:41 AM5/1/13
to res...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Background: I have a managed object, Article. I have a RESTful search API sitting on localhost/articles. The returned results are Article objects from the server side, but I only want to save the one the user reads. The rest of the Articles I want to discard when they tap back out of Search.

I have found this Stack Overflow question (from which I stole the title and the above background) that is exactly the problem I am dealing with except with articles. One answer hints that RestKit 0.20.0 is able to deal with this problem much more elegantly than using a parallel class hierarchy.

So I've added two persistent store to my RKManagedObjectStore, one SQLite and one inMemory. But I can't seem to find how to switch between the two for my fetch requests or even how to retrieve the one that is not the defaultStore.

Is my approach flawed or is it the right way to do it in which case how do I continue from there?

Thanks for your help

Yannick Bloem

Jul 9, 2017, 7:34:19 AM7/9/17
to RestKit
Hi,
I am facing this exact same issue. Did you ever manage to find a solution?
I know it's a bit late but you never know...It's driving me crazy.

Thanks!