? on using RestKit, S3, and Core Data for synchronizing image data...

William Noto

Jan 31, 2015, 10:50:13 PM1/31/15
to res...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm learning about RestKit and Core Data at more or less the same time. I'd like to keep some image data synced between Core Data and S3. So I have my API which associates images with some category data. The app will ship with five or so categories but I want to be able to change the categories in the future without having to redeploy the app.

Each category has one image. (Stored on S3).

Is there a logical way to do this or am I trying to make RestKit do something it isn't really designed for.

I've gotten to the point where I can pull data from my API, sync it in a persistent Core Data store, and pull images from S3, but the images are not stored anywhere. My API is just returning a filename which I pull every time. I'm actually pulling it every time you scroll the table which as I'm sure you can imagine does not perform well.

Thanks for any guidance.

Bill