Plural vs singular, etc.

Stan Lemon

Oct 28, 2014, 8:16:33 PM10/28/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Is there any consensus on this topic?

My DBA-blood wants to go singular, but I'm seeing a lot of folks advocate for plural. Are there any proposed rfcs around resource naming or anything like that?

Also somewhat curious what the consensus is on property naming in responses, snake or camel cased?

Thanks,

SL

Swop

Oct 28, 2014, 8:41:52 PM10/28/14
to Stan Lemon, resting-with-symfony
I usually go for plural because IMHO it's more logical to read "/users/1337" as "In users collection, give me the one with id 1337"
I also use snake case because I found it more readable, specially with capital "i" & "l" sort of things... (lastAddedItem vs. last_added_item).

I don't think there are any RFCs for this kind of convention...

Swop

William Durand

Oct 29, 2014, 3:50:17 AM10/29/14
to Swop, Stan Lemon, resting-with-symfony
I agree with Swop. I don't think there are any RFCs, and I would make the same choices.

--
William Durand | http://www.williamdurand.fr

Stan Lemon

Oct 29, 2014, 10:00:41 PM10/29/14
to resting-with-symfony
Thanks for the feedback and the reading material!