Don't Patch Like An Idiot with Symfony

Jérémiah Valérie

Sep 23, 2014, 5:45:32 AM9/23/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

My question will be simple but the right answer could be difficult.
That making a moment that I'm reading (looping) on that post ( http://williamdurand.fr/2014/02/14/please-do-not-patch-like-an-idiot/ ) ,
the main idea are easy to understand but what about the best way to integrate this in symfony?
To put this in action we must cope in a first place with permissions (who can replace or remove or add a particular field?).
It there examples or more posts dealing with this subject?

Thank you,

YoruNoHikage

Feb 26, 2015, 2:57:44 PM2/26/15
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I know this was posted a long time ago, but do you know JSON Patch and JSON Merge Patch ? It exists the same with XML.
There are some librairies out there implementing them.

YoruNoHikage

Feb 28, 2015, 6:39:57 AM2/28/15
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Here's the few links :)

There are the RFC :
JSON Patch : https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6902
JSON Merge Patch https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7396

These links might be interesting too :
http://jsonpatch.com/
http://www.bortzmeyer.org/7386.html

And here the PHP libs :
https://github.com/mikemccabe/json-patch-php
https://github.com/raphaelstolt/php-jsonpatch

I don't know if they implement the recent JSON Merge Patch (I saw a Java JSON Patch lib that does it) or if there are any bundle for that.

Alexis.

Jérémiah Valérie

Mar 2, 2015, 9:30:54 AM3/2/15
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your responses, I will get a look at these :)