Introduce yourself

William Durand

Jul 8, 2014, 5:42:04 AM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Heya!

My name is William Durand, I live in France, and I am a student. I am @couac on Twitter, @willdurand on GitHub, and I blog at http://williamdurand.fr.

I am in a serious relationship with the Symfony framework for five years now, even if I am not really a web developer. I love Open Source, and try to contribute. I did a few contributions on REST related tools written in PHP, and wrote a blog post on how to build a REST API with Symfony once.

Please introduce yourself!

William

Joost Farla

Jul 8, 2014, 6:40:13 AM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

My name is Joost Farla (@joostfarla) and I live in Tilburg, The Netherlands. I'm lead of the technical team at a web agency, called Freshheads, and have been building stuff with Symfony since 2007. We work on several mid-size web applications and one of our focus-areas is API's & (Linked) Open Data. One of the projects we built is a free-to-use API for the Dutch postal code registry (http://www.postcodeapi.nu/).

I hope to meet some interesting people here and see how we can increase adoption of REST (or API's in general) in the Symfony community. Furthermore, I'm interested in opportunities to contribute some new parts which could help building Linked API's, using common standards like Json-LD and Hydra.

Cheers, Joost

Mike van Riel

Jul 8, 2014, 6:55:10 AM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am Mike van Riel (@mvriel) and like Joost I live in the Netherlands. I am currently employed at Ingewikkeld where I roam across the land and assist companies with their PHP challenges. In addition I am also Lead Developer for phpDocumentor and Cilex. During my career I have worked quite consistently on several REST, SOAP and plain XML-RPC APIs. I am interested to see where this group is heading and what we can accomplish here.

Regards,

Mike

YoruNoHikage

Jul 8, 2014, 7:06:09 AM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

My name is Alexis Launay, I live in France and I'm a student too. @YoruNoHikage on Twitter, Github, etc.. and I have a blog at http://blog.yorunohikage.fr

I started Symfony few years ago but I didn't really used it in production. Currently, I really want to make an REST API, so I started studying FOSRestBundle few weeks ago with your article.
I love the Open Source world but I never really contributed a lot, I'm so afraid to be bad at coding...

Alexis.

Stefan Koopmanschap

Jul 8, 2014, 7:14:40 AM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My name is Stefan Koopmanschap, I run a company called Ingewikkeld in The Netherlands. I have been involved in one way or another with Symfony since the early days. I've had several (private and client) projects in the past years which involved setting up REST API's with Symfony2, and as such am very interested in this group.

I am @skoop on Twitter and Github, my website can be found at http://leftontheweb.com/

Stefan

Evert Harmeling

Jul 8, 2014, 7:25:11 AM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!

I'm Evert Harmeling and I'm a colleague of Joost Farla. I'm @evertjes on Twitter and @evertharmeling on github. Have several years of experience in Symfony (1 and 2). I'm also involved in the Dutch Postal code API, which we have as a free service and payed.
I've several years of experience in REST API's and love to discus about that! Main goal is to keep things uniform and broadly accepted!

Evert

Stefano Sala

Jul 8, 2014, 9:10:09 AM7/8/14
to Evert Harmeling, resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,
my name is Stefano, coming from Italy I now live in Switzerland close to Zurich.

I'm a web software developer for Antistatique, a media agency based in Lausanne. I work mainly on Symfony2 backends, but also on some NodeJs app.

I'm looking forward to discussing what's the best way for implementing a REST API ;)

Cheers
Stefano

inal....@ulipse.com

Jul 8, 2014, 9:31:18 AM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
My name is Inal (@inalgnu), i live in Paris.

I'm a web app developer at Sensiolabs. I work on Symfony2 backends, and AngularJS fronts.

I'm interested to help and contribute to REST's Symfony ecosystem.

Inal

Adam Balogh

Jul 8, 2014, 9:34:27 AM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

My name is Adam Balogh, from Hungary and I'm a web developer, currently developing Pos systems. I love working with Symfony and just want to start a new project based on a Rest Api. So I'm excited about this topic.

I blog at http://code-chronicle.blogspot.com, my twitter is @adammbalogh and I've some small hobby projects on github @adammbalogh

Adam

evil...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2014, 9:58:45 AM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am Evan Villemez and I live in Washington D.C., United States.  I work for a non-profit that specializes in international education, study abroad and language study.  I've been using Symfony since 2.0, and use it primarily for building REST APIs that power Angular.js frontends.  I've contributed a little to Symfony and the NelmioApiDocBundle, but it was a while ago.

My primary pain points with building APIs are authentication related, big surprise.  Looking forward to productive discussions about all aspects of building APIs in Symfony. :)

- Evan

Markus Lanthaler

Jul 8, 2014, 10:11:51 AM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

my name is Markus Lanthaler. I’m one of the core designers of JSON-LD, the inventor of Hydra and the chair of the Hydra W3C Community Group (which btw. you all are invited to join in case you are interested in what we are working on). I’ve also written a JSON-LD processor in PHP and a Symfony2 Bundle to simplify the creation of JSON-LD + Hydra powered Web APIs that are accessible by a completely generic client (the HydraConsole, here’s a demo featuring a simple issue tracker). Unfortunately I’m struggling to find time to improve these tools… so any help in that regard would be much appreciated.

You can find me on Twitter (@MarkusLanthaler) and I also have a very rudimentary homepage: http://www.markus-lanthaler.com

I’m looking forward to great discussions on this list

Cheers,
Markus

Vic Cherubini

Jul 8, 2014, 10:13:49 AM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi! My name is Vic Cherubini and I'm a developer in Dallas, TX. I am @leftnode on Twitter and GitHub, and I blog at http://growingsoftware.org.

I've written two REST bundles: rest-easy and BrightmarchRestfulBundle. rest-easy is much newer but still isn't nearly as complete as the popular REST bundles. Looking to learning those soon. Really looking to make this a great community for discussing REST APIs with Symfony.

dalex...@jolicode.com

Jul 8, 2014, 10:34:22 AM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I'm Damien (@damienalexandre) from France, working at JoliCode where I do consulting and development for companies with a wide range of setups based on PHP / Symfony.

I have installed FOSRestBundle in countless projects and given a talk about REST in Symfony 1/2 at sfLive 2011.

I'm looking forward to improve the PHP tools for REST Api building.
Thank for this initiative,
Damien

Fernando Arconada

Jul 8, 2014, 10:36:27 AM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone
My name is  Fernando Arconada @farconadaT3, linux sysadmin from kernel 2.2 and passionate Symfony developer

Markus Lanthaler

Jul 8, 2014, 10:52:06 AM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com

Michał Pipa

Jul 8, 2014, 11:29:43 AM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My name is Michał Pipa, I'm software engineer form Poland. I've
already created some REST APIs using Symfony, FOSRestBundle and
FOSOAuthServerBundle.

Jérémiah Valérie

Jul 8, 2014, 11:29:59 AM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

My name is Jeremiah VALERIE, I live in France. I am a Developer at Gibmedia. I love Symfony but I am not a big open source contributor :x.
Since some time I'm studying about REST API conception.

Hope I can be helpful here!

Pablo Godel

Jul 8, 2014, 11:34:08 AM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am Pablo Godel and I run ServerGrove out of sunny Miami. You can find me @pgodel and read some of our blog posts at http://blog.servergrove.com, but have no time to have a website :)

For the last several months we have been very busy refactoring our API to move to a REST model using the RestBundle and a few other libraries, so we have gained quite a bit of experience with the whole stack. We are getting closer to a release date, so once we get out of the heat I would like to try to publish some posts on what we went through.

Looking forward on getting a better and stronger REST experience with Symfony!

Cheers,
Pablo

Stepan Anchugov

Jul 8, 2014, 11:43:03 AM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I'm Stepan Anchugov, I'm from Russia-based web developer company called Artsofte.

I've always liked RESTful, especially the Rails' way. Recently (like, 6 months ago) I've stumbled upon FOSRestBundle and now I'm doing some serious REST/MarionetteJS single page app stuff using Symfony 2 and CoffeeScript.

I try to contribute to open source (especially to Symfony2 community) when I have the time. You can check out my Github profile (it's @kix).

Marco Loche

Jul 8, 2014, 12:11:04 PM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am Marco Loche a French/Italian developer living in Rome (Italy). I felt in love with Symfony since sf1.2. A part being a freelance I also run a small company (http://capturator.com) which develops product for language teaching in the e-learning field.

We have a couple of APIs and we are migrating them to REST architecture. We have actually a placement test running on production, which use the FOSRestBundle, NelmioCorsBundle and others. Distributed SCORM clients, based on Backbone or FLEX , consume this APIs. I’ve recently shared this experience with a talk at the Italian PHPDay (http://2014.phpday.it) where I spoke about Same Origin Policy and different way to deal with it, digging inside CORS.

Hope to be more helpful and active in the community...thanks for the initiative!

Ciao,

Marco

Michał Dąbrowski

Jul 8, 2014, 1:19:57 PM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

my name is Michal Dabrowski, im currently locates in Cracov, PL. Ive been developing api apps with FosRest, FosOAuth, HwiOauth and BazingaHateos.
Along with @norzeczowicz we came up with simple library https://github.com/coduo/php-matcher , which helps with json api testing. We have been
using it for couple of months and have some plans to expand it.

Cheers!

David Dan

Jul 8, 2014, 1:22:38 PM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My name is David Dan and I live in the Washington DC area.  I've been using symfony since v1.4 and lately I've been working on a project that uses a symfony RESTful API with AngularJS on the front end.

We created a REST generator bundle that's designed to work with Angular's ngResource:

I haven't worked on it much lately (it does everything we need it to do), but if other people find it useful, I'll set aside some time for it.

Dave

Richard C Hidalgo Lorite

Jul 8, 2014, 1:36:51 PM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi, rich here. using symfony from 1.1. Systems Manager at ISI Argonauta, Madrid, Spain.

Now dealing with cover an existing app with REST APi and consuming a third party API too.

Greg Militello

Jul 8, 2014, 1:50:02 PM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

I am Greg Militello, I live in Buffalo, New York (near Niagara Falls, but 7 HOURS away from New York City by car).  I've been a Symfony developer since the early Symfony 1 days.  I have a vested interested in REST APIs, but specifically REST APIs that involve:
When I saw this group was formed, I became hopeful that PHP could actually compete with some of the other language frameworks (like Rails Active Model Serializers) in a meaningful way.  I find the current ecosystem awkward, requiring too much bootstrapping, and just painful to implement.

I would love to see a toolkit for PHP that makes some standard implementations easier to create overall.  I'll try and read through the current posts and see if I find any obvious places that I could help you all benefit.

Jérôme Gamez

Jul 8, 2014, 2:54:18 PM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Bonjour!

My name is Jérôme Gamez, I live in Germany, and I work as a software developer and engineer at kreait in Berlin. I am @jeromegamez on Twitter and @jeromegamez on GitHub.

I worked with the Symfony framework mostly in the eZ Publish context and on some never published (because never finished :) side projects. I love Open Source, too, and try to contribute wherever I can, concentrating more on code quality and cleanliness and less on features.

I've worked with many APIs, but haven't developed a complete one myself and am happy that this group has been created!

Cheers
- Jérôme

Jelle Bekker

Jul 8, 2014, 3:50:29 PM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

My name is Jelle Bekker (@jellebekker at twitter and github) I live in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. I'm a sys admin at Imtech Toegangstechniek for about 5 years now. The last two years i've been getting more and more excited about web development. I've been playing with Ruby on Rails, Symfony and Silex, all very nice frameworks!

Jelle

Sylvain Mauduit

Jul 8, 2014, 4:07:40 PM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I'm Sylvain Mauduit (@swop on Twitter & GitHub).

I live in Paris and I'm a backend developer and mobile development manager in a French company called ALittleMarket, which was buyed few weeks ago by Etsy, our previous american competitor.

I worked with Symfony2 since the 2.0 beta version, and I love it.
I repeatedly faced many problems, such as security, fine serialization and partial updates of REST resources.

I am here to help those who are asking questions to themselves, and also to seek answers to my future questions.

William, thank you for opening this group, which will bring help to many people I hope.

Cameron Junge

Jul 8, 2014, 6:39:38 PM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi, my name is Cameron Junge, I live in New Zealand and work for www.realestate.co.nz.

I've been using SF2 since the end of 2012, PHP for close to a decade and a "web developer" for about 15 years.

At a previous job I helped initiate building an API using REST and HATEOAS to supply a pretty big/complex dataset. My current job involves dealing a REST-ish API, websites and admin tools.

Hope to help build this aspect of the Sf2 community!

Cheers, Cameron

Miguel Ángel Sánchez Chordi

Jul 8, 2014, 6:59:48 PM7/8/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

My name is Miguel Ángel, I'm from Valencia, Spain, one of the most sunny and beauty cities in Spain. You can found me on Twitter at @slaimer and on Github at @mangelsnc.

I fallen in love with Symfony at first-sight and of the REST world about three months after.

Lately I'm developing REST with Silex, and I'm afraid this will be a bizarre love triangle!

Marcus Stöhr

Jul 9, 2014, 3:16:38 AM7/9/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

My name is Marcus Stöhr. I live near Cologne, Germany and working as a software developer at brainbits. I already worked with several REST, SOAP and XML-RPC APIs.

I started using FOSRestBundle some time ago for a pet project and I'm interested in best practices around REST in Symfony2 and general.

Marcus

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Jul 9, 2014, 3:22:48 AM7/9/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, July 8, 2014 11:42:04 AM UTC+2, William Durand wrote:
Please introduce yourself!

Aloha,

my name is Lukas. I started the FOSRestBundle together with Jordi and Everzet many years ago. I am interested in REST in general .. and of course Symfony2. I have stated my wishlist for REST with Symfony on my blog a while ago :)

Unfortunately we didn’t get very far yet ..

regards,
Lukas

Ramon Kleiss

Jul 9, 2014, 7:36:30 AM7/9/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

I'm Ramon Kleiss (@kleiram on both Twitter and GitHub) living in Nijmegen, The Netherlands. I'm the backend engineer at Apostle (for which I'm building a REST API) and I've been building stuff with Symfony since about 2011. Interested in REST in general and REST and Symfony specifically (that's kinda how I ended up in here).

Hopen to help other developers and learn stuff right here (and of course help the development of REST and Symfony).

Cheers!

- Ramon Kleiss

Ariel Ferrandini

Jul 9, 2014, 12:46:59 PM7/9/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
HI!

My name is Ariel Ferrandini, I live in Madrid, and I've working with Symfony since v0.9.8-beta. I'm @aferrandini on Twitter, @aferrandini on GitHub.

I'm a backend developer so, most of my time is wasted on defining the software architecture of projects and writing REST API, Backends and processes. I love contribute with open source and help as I can with Symfony community.

Ariel ;)

Giulio De Donato

Jul 10, 2014, 6:17:35 AM7/10/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
I'm @liuggio aka giulio de donato
I live in the vatican city (Rome),
my blog at welcometothebundle.com, I'm the guy beyond poser.pugx.org I wrote a trilogy about rest and symfony,
I'm the head of develp. of the terravision group, I daily work on SF2 since symfony-reloaded.

I love this group, we have a lot of things to do,
and woow the group members is so qualitative.

Silviu Constantin Voicu

Jul 10, 2014, 8:41:34 AM7/10/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

My name is Voicu Silviu and I am from Craiova, Romania.
I am the guy that try to figure it out the best practices in the world of php, symfony, bdd, ddd and of course rest api and then to apply them into my world.
On twitter you can find me at @scvroin , on github @silviuvoicu.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Silviu

Matt Janssen

Jul 11, 2014, 12:54:02 PM7/11/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Howdy.

I'm Matt Janssen and I've use Symfony to implement a dozen APIs by now, and it is never the same process and it's never smooth. Between JSON serializaion and deserialization, endpoint versioning, documentation, authentication, generation, and CRUD and RESTful compliance, I've found bundle combinations that sometimes work and sometimes don't work. I'm ready for a real solution to the API problem.

Looking forward to this!

Matt

Beren Erchamion

Jul 12, 2014, 1:15:07 PM7/12/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hello, my name is Jeff Mathers (Beren Erchamion). I live in the US near Philadelphia, PA. I manage software development for mobile, web, digital health, and a few other things at one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. We use Symfony2 as one of our web development platforms for internal and external web applications. We use REST interfaces quite a bit since there are usually web apps and mobile apps that can use the same functions. We also use Drupal quite a bit so it is exciting to see Drupal 8 slowly creeping towards a release.

I also like to use Symfony2 for personal projects along with a few other things.

beren

Yamir Ramirez

Jul 15, 2014, 12:16:49 AM7/15/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hello my name is Yamir Ramirez (@yamirslin) I'm a Symfony trainner in AprendePHP.es, Time to time I talk about FOSS in my country.

alexandr...@webformance.com

Jul 15, 2014, 10:02:53 AM7/15/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

My name is Alexandre Lahure and I live in Lyon, France. I'm lead developer in Publicis Webformance in which we are building great Symfony 2 web applications with heavy reliance on tier API.
I worked with a lot of different API in the past 20 years, and REST is definitely my favorite way to go.

All these apps need to talk to each other, and I am a renowned best practices extremist and lover, so here I am.

Regards,

CawaKharkov

Jul 20, 2014, 5:39:22 PM7/20/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi, my name is Aleksandr Zamiatin, I'm a web-developer for about 3-4 years. Last 3 years i preferred Zf2, but when I've start to use Sf2 I just fall in love (:
I'll be glad to be a part of such great group.
Github - https://github.com/CawaKharkov
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/cawakharkov
Feel free to contact me.

Evgeny Soynov

Jul 21, 2014, 3:34:45 AM7/21/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Нi there!

My name is Evgeny Soynov. I live and work in Izhevsk, Russia. I for company which create software for taxi services. We're using Symfony2 for some of our B2B APIs. I had developed some API from scratch using php and ruby and can definitely say RESTing with FOSRestBundle is not piece of cake. (especially when it comes to RAD)

Happy to see you guys are interested in making things better.

Evgeny (github: @ZloeSabo )

Thomas R.

Jul 21, 2014, 8:07:21 AM7/21/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Bonjour,

My name is Thomas R. from Paris (France). I am the lead dev of Sonata Project which used FosRestBundle/JMSSerializer/NelmiosApi ( http://admin:admin@demo.sonata-project.org/api/doc/ )

I also start to implement HAL for internal project by using a homemade hal client available at https://github.com/ekino/php-hal-client

Károly Marton

Jul 21, 2014, 8:47:27 AM7/21/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I'm Károly Marton from Budapest, Hungary. I am big fan of Symfony and ExtJS for 5-7 years. Always interested in make these two a whole. REST is an important part of this dev story.

Keep on rising, Symfony Community!
Károly Marton (aka mdesign83)

Bezalel Hermoso

Jul 23, 2014, 3:07:11 PM7/23/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

My name is Bezalel Hermoso, and I live in the US somewhere in California's High Desert. I'm a web applications developer for ActiveLAMP, where I have the chance to work on some REST related projects written in Symfony. I am @BezHermoso on Twitter, @bezhermoso on GitHub, and I have a blog at http://bezhermoso.github.io/

My interest in actually writing truly RESTful apps is fairly recent but I see myself getting more involved and invested on this arena. I am currently working on making NelmioApiDocBundle Swagger-compliant, which is I think will be a nice thing. I wrote a bundle which deals with adding swagger-ui page to a project, though its still in WIP.

More power to this group and to the Symfony community! :)

san...@prezent.nl

Jul 28, 2014, 3:44:16 AM7/28/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I am Sander Marechal and I am from The Netherlands where I work at a company called Prezent Internet. We work with Symfony 2 a lot and we are building both small and large REST applications using the various bundles out there (FOSRest, NelmioApiDoc, BazingaHateoas). I have also worked with OAuth2 quite a bit. I've written a custom bundle to fully integrate the oauth2-server-php package into the Symfony security component, which I hope to be able to release as FOSS in the near future.

Ian Phillips

Jul 29, 2014, 2:53:52 PM7/29/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

My name is Ian Phillips and I work for Gumstix Research (Canada) in Vancouver, Canada. Symfony has been making my job easier and more fun for two to three years now.

- ian

jaume tarradas

Aug 3, 2014, 6:08:48 AM8/3/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hiya,
Jaume, from Barcelona. Symfony is my main PHP framework and at the moment I am creating an API with it and I have to create a second one.

Because maybe you could be interested, I am creating a client/admin with js (Backbone).

Cheers

Thomas Sliwa

Aug 5, 2014, 2:32:58 AM8/5/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I'm Thomas Sliwa from Berlin, Germany; @masthowasli on Twitter and GitHub, mastho on SensioConnect. I work as Software Engineer and Architect for bytepark GmbH in Berlin.

Symfony accompanies me since version 0.6. Hope to find many new insights in the group.

Regards,
Thomas

federico panini

Aug 5, 2014, 3:03:14 PM8/5/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!
my name is Federico Panini and I'm working in Italy at the moment for a new cool funny startup :)
I've worked for the past three years with Symfony, and now I've started to learn how to use REST
and how to implement them ... I'm following this group with a lot of interest!

best
Federico.

Malachi Soord

Aug 18, 2014, 4:57:25 AM8/18/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
My name is Malachi Soord and I have recently moved to Berlin from the UK working for a small company called MenschDanke. I came into this company with limited Symfony experience and have been learning on the job. I come from an Android/.NET background but have been toying around with PHP in my spare time for many years.

Marcus Fulbright

Aug 18, 2014, 6:21:03 PM8/18/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hey everybody,

My name is Marcus Fulbright. I go by @marcusfulbright and twitter and m-bright on IRC. Currently, I reside in the United States.

I've been a web developer for the past 2 years now, and have primarily worked with symfony2. Lately, most of my projects seem to involve building a 'rest(ful)' api. As I've read more and more about REST and hypermedia I've come to understand how little I really understand. Luckily, I enjoy learning and trying out new things.

--
Respectfully,

Marcus Fulbright

John Field

Aug 27, 2014, 9:49:52 AM8/27/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
My name is John Field. I live in London, and work in the EU office of Alexander Street Press, an all-digital educational publisher.

I've been in software development for around 15 years, and started using Symfony2 about 2 years ago, building an internal API for our new mostly-LAMP platform (with separate components of SOLR for the main data store, and Drupal for the UI).

Our API is already reasonably REST-like, using HAL and an OO client for Drupal to interface with. I'm interested in improving it (for both internal and 3rd-party use), and to increase engagement with the wider community... so, hello!
--
John Field, Senior Software Architect
http://www.alexanderstreet.com - Alexander Street Press, world-leading digital humanities publisher.

Piotr Gołębiewski

Sep 4, 2014, 1:39:34 PM9/4/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

my name is Piotr Gołębiewski. I run a small webdev company in Poland building business solutions for small-to-mid sized companies. I've been very active on Symfony2Admingenerator project ( https://github.com/symfony2admingenerator/AdmingeneratorGeneratorBundle ).

Im interested in building a RestAPI generator which would simplify and speed up creation of REST APis, so we can focus on building nice frontend UI's (useing Ember, Angular, etc). I've already started a project ( https://github.com/RestApi/GeneratorBundle ) but I've been very busy lately, so it's still not much useable :)

Larry Garfield

Sep 6, 2014, 3:28:41 PM9/6/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Greetings.

I'm Larry Garfield, from Chicago. I'm the Web Services Initiative lead for Drupal 8, which was responsible for pulling much of Symfony into Drupal.  I wasn't much of a web services guru before I started that initiative but its grown on me. :-)  I've done one Silex REST-centric project and am working on a REST Symfony project now.  I also have done a number of Drupal-to-Drupal non-RESTful web services projects in the past.  More recently I've developed an interest in WebMachine-style implementations but haven't used/written any yet.

--Larry Garfield

Stan Lemon

Oct 6, 2014, 6:23:20 PM10/6/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com

Hello,
My name is Stan and I live in Southern Indiana here in the states. I work for Salesforce during the day and at night volunteer writing code for a non-profit, which is where my interest in REST has really grown from. Recently I rolled a bundle to provide end points for Doctrine entities (http://github.com/stanlemon/rest-bundle), it's a very opinionated implementation and is geared more toward working well with JavaScript frameworks then it is trying to be the perfect REST citizen in terms of standards and what not. That said, I am very much interested in best practices and generally getting a better understanding of what *should* be done when the situation allows it.

Stan

Hugo Henrique

Oct 31, 2014, 5:27:45 PM10/31/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My name is Hugo Henrique (@hugohenrique) and live in Brazil, and I am a student.
I'm work with Symfony Framework for 3 years.

I am studying about RESTful :)

José Luis Gallego

Nov 5, 2014, 4:04:04 AM11/5/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

My name is José Luis Gallego (@jlgalego). I live in Madrid, Spain and I am an independent ICT consultant. I mainly work as a business analyst and do some coding work too.

In the meantime I'm developing a new project and I was in the need of a good and reliable way of building a RESP API. As I had some knowledge about Symfony, I stumbled upon your work and thanks to it I developed the API I needed.

I'm looking for some support on a pair of things I don't see already covered. Or at least I don't see any previous experience with them. I will post my questions. Maybe at the same time I get the answers I will be happy if I can contribute with some new features.

Regards,

José.

vishal melmatti

Nov 20, 2014, 3:44:09 AM11/20/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I am Vishal, live in India & working for a startup. We are using symfony2 and we have now started building our REST APIs.
I am doing research on best practices, available libraries, bundles for REST and securing our REST APIs (OAuth2, Authentication in Single Page Apps) etc.

I would be very much interested in learning best ways to build API system and share my experiences.

Thanks

Steve King

Dec 2, 2014, 9:01:11 AM12/2/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

My name is Steve King and I live in the UK. I work for a new social network being developed, as well as on a few open source projects.

I am about to start building my first "real" API and am at the point of choosing which route to go down. I have built applications that just query a URL and have JSON returned before, but this time I want to build a proper API.

Cheers
Steve

twitter : @JustSteveKing
g+ : +SteveKing1337

Kapil Amagain

Dec 10, 2014, 1:48:43 AM12/10/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
My name is Kapil Amagain. I live in Kathmandu, Nepal. I am the leader of technical team at a mobile application developer company named Gurkhatech. I have been working with PHP since 2009. We work on both mobile and medium size web applications. I have written REST API's for different mobile applications that our company develops. I have learnt CI and now I am getting into Symfony2 since 3 months or so. I'm interested in contributing and learning on building scalable REST API's for mobile applications that may be both public or private.

I am @amagain in twitter and github.
Cheers!!

Murilo Lobato

Dec 25, 2014, 4:02:45 PM12/25/14
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hello, my name is Murilo Lobato, I Live in Brazil, and I am a Computer Science Bachelor, and for ever an student ;). I develop PHP applications about 8 years, two of them with Symfony2. And realized a graduation final work about developing Single Page Applications with Symfony2. For now, I'm working on an API to communicate with an mobile app. I love open source solutions, and I try to contribute with the comunity always I can.

Nicholas Shanks

Apr 14, 2015, 6:07:30 AM4/14/15
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Salut tout le monde.

I am Nicholas from the UK. I created a bespoke PHP REST framework at my previous employer for a stock and job management web application, and am now bringing my knowledge of best practices of HTTP to my current employer's website, which uses Symfony2 among other frameworks.

Roberto Martínez

May 28, 2015, 3:33:29 PM5/28/15
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Mi name is Roberto and I am a Spanish junior developer. I am currently working with Symfony and APIs at my job, so I´m trying to build one of my own for my pet project(s).

I hope I can learn and be useful at the same time here!

Seshachalam Malisetti

Jun 12, 2015, 6:11:47 AM6/12/15
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My name is Seshachalam Malisetti, I am from India. I work as a Web developer. I am @seshnsesh on Twitter, @mseshachalam on GitHub, and I don't blog.

I too love Symfony and in relationship with it for one and half years for now. I love open source and try to learn new languages.
I have published an Android app called Broadr

Thank you

Mario Ojeda

Jun 21, 2015, 9:41:36 PM6/21/15
to resting-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hello, my name is Mario and I'm a software developer from Argentina. I've been working with web technologies for about 8 years, mostly using PHP. I've started a new project with Symfony 2 and I'm hoping I can use this great framework to implement a REST API. For now I've used the FOSRest Bundle following this tutorial: http://www.screenfony.com/lessons/symfony-rest-api-1/. I'm now trying to find out how to implement authorization and authentication to secure my endpoints. Hopefully I'll get and give some help through this group. Glad I found it!

and...@zyrcle.com

Aug 3, 2015, 7:29:36 AM8/3/15
to RESTing with Symfony
Hi!

My name is Andrés Correa (@castarco) and I live in Barcelona, Spain. I'm lead of the backend eam at a startup called Zyrcle, and I'm completely new in the Symfony world. We're currently working on the API implementation of our web services.

We're trying to use OAuth2, JSON-LD, Json-Schema and the REST&HATEOAS philosophy. I hope I'll be able to contribute with some ideas or code :) .

Cheers, Andreu.

Paul Higgins

Aug 4, 2015, 8:39:23 AM8/4/15
to RESTing with Symfony
Hi all,

I'm the CTO of Crowd Valley (www.crowdvalley.com). Our REST API for building online finance applications is built using Symfony2. We just released it publicly in July 2015, having been working from a private internal API, also in Symfony, for several years before then.

I'm based in London. I look forward to contributing to this group's discussions.

Regards,
Paul

daniele d'angeli

Sep 21, 2015, 7:33:46 AM9/21/15
to RESTing with Symfony

Hi everyone!

My name is Daniele D'Angeli, I work in London as software developer.
You can find me on: Twitter (@dangelidaniele), Github (@danieledangeli) and I'have a not too much updated blog at http://www.danieledangeli.com

I've used Symfony for 4 years. Actually I'm trying to improve my DDD knowledge and I'm trying to use Symfony into a Microservice architecture.
This is why I'm interested in this Rest group with Symfony.

Cheers, Daniele!

Luso Lomillo

Sep 28, 2015, 6:25:40 AM9/28/15
to RESTing with Symfony
Hi all!

I'm Luso, backend dev in Rennes, France for the moment. Just discovering the RESTful architecture and wondering why this group has been inactive for so long! Did people stop doing REST? Is there any other trendy platform than Symfony I'm not aware and you all migrated?

Well, hopefully there will be some of you for giving some light with questions.

See you!

David Marín Carreño

Aug 18, 2016, 4:31:57 AM8/18/16
to RESTing with Symfony
Hi.

My name is David Marín. I live in Madrid, Spain. I'm a Freelance Developer. I am @davefx on Twitter and GitHub. My blog is http://www.davefx.com

I've been using Symfony for more than 5 years in several projects.

I'm joining the group because I need to know how to write REST APIs in Symfony in a quick and effective way :-)

--
David

Muhammad Taqi Hassan Bukhari

Aug 18, 2016, 10:04:52 AM8/18/16
to RESTing with Symfony
I am M. Taqi currently livingin Islamabad, PK. I started Symfony a year ago with developing Monolithic Apps.
Now, I just want to start a new project based on Service-oriented Architecture. I haven't worked with APIs. So, I started studying REST Api With Symfony few weeks ago and am happy that this group has been created!

Di majo

May 8, 2024, 10:36:47 AM (3 days ago) May 8
to RESTing with Symfony
MT103/202 DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER
PAYPAL TRANSFER
CASHAPP TRANSFER
ZELLE TRANSFER
LOAN DEAL
TRANSFER WISE
WESTERN UNION TRANSFER
BITCOIN FLASHING
BANK ACCOUNT LOADING/FLASHING
IBAN TO IBAN TRANSFER
MONEYGRAM TRANSFER
IPIP/DTC
SLBC PROVIDER
CREDIT CARD TOP UP
DUMPS/ PINS
SEPA TRANSFER
WIRE TRANSFER
BITCOIN TOP UP
GLOBALPAY INC US
SKRILL USA
UNIONPAY RECEIVER

Thanks.

NOTE; ONLY SERIOUS / RELIABLE RECEIVERS CAN CONTACT.

DM ME ON WHATSAPP
+44 7529 555638