Five Weeks Until RESTFest!

mca

Aug 13, 2015, 3:05:06 PM8/13/15
to rest...@googlegroups.com
OK, time for me to start my annual "nagging email series" for upcoming RESTFest 2015....

VENUE
Our new location is The Innovate Building[0] near the entrance to the Reedy River Park and Greenville's fabulous suspension bridge, Swamp Rabbit Trail, the Hampton Inn & Suites, along with several coffee shops and restaurants. This is a fantastic location right in the heart of the city.

KEYNOTE
James Snell, IBM's Tech Lead for Node.js, is our keynoter this year. He's been very active in IETF standards bodies[1](Prefer Header, several Link Relation Values, a number of Atom Extensions, etc.) and is shepherding the Activity Streams standards[2]. His talk will be awsome.

HACKDAY
We're still open for suggestions on a theme for Hack Day. We have a single day to get everyone involved in doing something cool with the Web, APIs, Hypermedia, etc. Past years have been great and I'm hoping for another round of excellent ideas. Just post them on the HackDay Page[3] and we'll get in touch w/ you.

PEOPLE PAGES
We have about 30 ppl listed on the People Page[4]. If your name is not there, go add it right now! And then build up your "people page" (see mine for an example[5]). People Pages help us "jump start" RESTFest even before the first day. Tell us about yourself, what you want to ask/talk about and anything else that will help us get to know you better. The more you add here, the more fun you'll have at the event.

TRAVEL
We have people coming from all over the US and Europe. That means trains, planes, and automobiles! Greenville is near a fine airport (GSP) and other close locations are listed in the Wiki[6]. As soon as you have your travel plans set, add them to the Airports[6] page to help co-ordinate rides to/from the airports. You can save some $$ and spend some quality time w/ RESTFest-ies at the same time.

HOTELS
OK, this year the hotel rooms are tight. if you haven't booked a hotel room DO IT RIGHT NOW! there is another event in town the same week and some are having a hard time finding rooms.
Check the Lodging Page[7] for links to area hotels and prices. After you book, add your name to the list to help others w/ shuttling back and forth from the venue.

ONLINE COMMS
Remember, you can always reach out to fellow RESTFest-ies using the mailing list[8] and our IRC channel on Freenode[9] as well as the wiki. Keep in touch, update your deets, and see you next month.

Cheers!

mca