LDAP Error

Brandon Epler

Mar 10, 2015, 5:11:35 PM3/10/15
to resour...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,

I just installed Resource Space and I copied the most up-to-date files for the posixldapauth plugin and pasted over what is in the current directory.  When I try to authenticate the ldap server (following the manual) I get an error when I click Test stating "Status error in"  This does not actually tell me what the problem is.  I looked through the diag.php and I know it is suppose to tell me why, but for some reason it doesn't.  I am open to anything and willing to provide any information necessary.

Thanks for your time,

Brandon

Brandon Epler

Mar 13, 2015, 7:17:10 AM3/13/15
to resour...@googlegroups.com
Can someone please give me a hand with this?

David Mac (new)

Mar 16, 2015, 5:27:45 AM3/16/15
to resour...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brandon

What are you integrating to, LDAP or AD?

Regards

David

David Mac (new)

Mar 18, 2015, 9:00:20 AM3/18/15
to resour...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brandon

Please make sure that you have the LDAP extensions loaded in PHP.

Regards

David

Brandon Epler

Mar 26, 2015, 7:22:02 AM3/26/15
to resour...@googlegroups.com
Hello David,

I am intergrating Active Directory.  In your second message you stated LDAP Extensions.  Is there more than one LDAP extension that needs to be enabled? I will review what I have in the config file.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Brandon

Brandon Epler

Mar 30, 2015, 1:15:56 PM3/30/15
to resour...@googlegroups.com
David,

Thank you for that information I had an issue with the ldap extension.  I modified that and it works now.  I tried to import a list of users, but I got the following error:

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\resourcespace\plugins\posixldapauth\hooks\ldap_class.php line 444: ldap_search(): Partial search results returned: Sizelimit exceeded

Any information would be great.

Thank you.

David Mac (new)

Mar 31, 2015, 10:20:03 AM3/31/15
to resour...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brandon

The problem you are seeing is when it tries to get a list of the groups in the AD. I'm guessing that you have over 1000 groups, which is the upper limit that the LDAP search will return, so it is truncating the results.

Use the Group DN field to specify  place lower in the tree to start from:
Putting an entry in this field overrides the default place that the plugin starts the search downwards for groups in the AD. The default behaviour is to search for all groups from the base DN down. An entry in this field must be the full DN to start the search from.!

eg:

cn=groups, dc=example, dc=com

Regards

David

Brandon Epler

Mar 31, 2015, 1:12:15 PM3/31/15
to resour...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much! I figured it out!  I appreciate all of your help.

--
ResourceSpace: Open Source Digital Asset Management
http://www.resourcespace.org

David Mac (new)

Mar 31, 2015, 1:28:03 PM3/31/15
to resour...@googlegroups.com
No problem, I'm glad you've got it working!