Changing string in "Manage content" for language without translation (no) changes string for all languages.

Anders Stokke

Aug 20, 2016, 7:45:36 PM8/20/16
to ResourceSpace
Hi, I have just installed the newest version with svn on an ubuntu 16.04 with php7 and everything seems to work fine except:

When I try to translate untranslated strings for norwegian with the manage content page, the text "takes over" and is also visible when I change the language back to EN.

Am I going about this all wrong? Should the translations be done elsewhere? I am currently going to Admin -> system -> manage content -> finding string -> choosing norwegian in the dropdown menu -> edit text -> save.

Best regards
Ander

Anders Stokke

Aug 21, 2016, 4:39:53 AM8/21/16
to ResourceSpace
Just to clarify, I have found the no.php -file with the norwegian translation, but i do not seem to understand what the "manage content" page is for if it changes all the languages instead of just the one selected in the dropdown menu?

I see that the latest strings in the norwegian language-file is pretty old - does anyone have a list of new strings since then?