StaticSync?

Edel Galgon

Jul 15, 2016, 12:25:13 PM7/15/16
to ResourceSpace
Hi,

I'm attempting to set up a better photo organization system for a non-profit. ResourceSpace seemed like the best solution, and I'm doing my best to configure it to the organization's demands. I installed the Bitnami ResourceSpace Stack onto Windows 7 after unsuccessfully trying to install from the wiki.

I need to pull tons of photos from an existing server onto ResourceSpace, ideally with metadata intact. StaticSync seems like the best solution, but I really have no idea how to set it up. I've looked on other threads, but none have given a simple enough explanation.

Do I need to copy and paste a couple lines of code?

Where would I paste the code to?

I have at least 50 files labelled config.php. Which is the right one to choose?

How do I run StaticSync?

How do I set up a nightly cron job to search for more photos?

Thank you for any and all help.

Allison Stec

Jul 15, 2016, 2:28:05 PM7/15/16
to resour...@googlegroups.com

You need to take a look at the configuration options for staticsync in resourcespace/include/config.default.php.

At the very least you will need to set your syncdir so take the following line (taken from config.default.php) and place it into resourcespace/include/config.php:

$syncdir="/var/www/r2000/accounted"; # The sync folder

Be sure to change the path to the path of the server with all your photos.

The other major setting you should review is the following (again, taken from config.default.php):

# Should the sync'd resource files be 'ingested' i.e. moved into ResourceSpace's own filestore structure?
# In this scenario, the sync'd folder merely acts as an upload mechanism. If path to metadata mapping is used then this allows metadata to be extracted based on the file's location.
$staticsync_ingest=false;

This means the original files will stay on the external drive and will not be brought into RS's filestore folder. If you would like to change that, you'll need to copy that config option ($staticsync_ingest=false;) into the same config.php file mentioned above, and change the value from false to true.

You run staticsync from the command line. The path is resourcespace/pages/tools/staticsync.php

To set up a cron job your should review how this is done for your particular operating system and use the path to staticsync.

--
ResourceSpace: Open Source Digital Asset Management
http://www.resourcespace.org

Edel Galgon

Jul 26, 2016, 5:16:34 PM7/26/16
to ResourceSpace
Hi,

When you say "change the path," do you mean to change the path of the computer to the path of the server with all of the photos, or do you mean to change the path of the resourcespace search? If it's the latter, how do I do that?

Edel Galgon

Jul 26, 2016, 7:18:41 PM7/26/16
to ResourceSpace
After trying to run staticsync.php, I recieve the error
Sorry, an error has occured. C:\Bitnami\resourcespace-7.8-2\apps\resourcespace\htdocs\pages\tools\staticsync.php line 162: opendir(C:\Users<--[arrow is shown]del\Pictures, C:\Users<--[arrow is shown]\Pictures): The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. (code: 123)

Allison Stec

Jul 27, 2016, 8:30:20 AM7/27/16
to resour...@googlegroups.com

$syncdir="/var/www/r2000/accounted"

change "/var/www/r2000/accounted" to the absolute path of the location of photos as accessed by the machine running RS.