Permission or config setting to prevent access to "Edit preview images (preview / thumbnail only)"?

Stephen S

Sep 21, 2016, 5:10:17 AM9/21/16
to ResourceSpace
I want to be able to prevent users from rotating or modifying the preview images on the edit.php page, but I can't find a setting to hide the dropdown labeled "Edit preview images
(preview / thumbnail only)"

Any pointers/suggestions?

Thanks!

adam jawamann

Sep 21, 2016, 6:54:21 AM9/21/16
to ResourceSpace
i need exactly oposit...my users cannot see that, but i need to allow them this option. do you have all Edit field enabled for them? i tried to solve problem with metadata template...and by the way if i enable all field Edit F*, i realised, that they can rotate etc...

Stephen S

Sep 21, 2016, 10:06:58 AM9/21/16
to ResourceSpace
The problem here is that this field is NOT a metadata field, it is just an action to perform on existing. So there is no easy way (that I can find) to disable it via the normal permissions.

adam jawamann

Sep 21, 2016, 4:45:38 PM9/21/16
to ResourceSpace
I solved it by changing checkperm in edit.php...for resource defaults i removed checkperm !=F*...so now,users see template selection drop down menu,resource defaults write 3 usergroup specifics values to 3 fields.if user of this group open edit page for uploaded resource,unchecked options for see and edit permision for user group (f,F) causes,that these values cannot be changed by user after upload.for these fields is hide by upload checked too, in metadata fields settings/hide by upload. In our install,nobody can edit resources, which are not uploaded by himself. Only propose changes are allowed.this way its possible to add access for resources selecting from values (user names) or typing usermames to special field among usergroups.allowing edit cause,that resource defaults metadata was ovewritten by editing user,who was not contributor.overwritten resource defaults values by user from different group causes,that resources were "stolen" by other group,files are invisible,do thats wrong.

If somebody wants,i can show

Stephen S

Sep 24, 2016, 2:14:56 AM9/24/16
to ResourceSpace
Thanks for the info. I was hoping to avoid having to modify a core file. I might go a js route in one of my plugins to simply hide it from view.