Improved security

Neil Braddy

Mar 25, 2015, 5:48:16 AM3/25/15
to resour...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I thought I should let you know that Montala have recently updated ResourceSpace to use an improved algorithm when storing passwords.

Additionally we have made the password reset procedure more secure in that a URL is generated, rather than sending newly generated passwords via email.

As with several other significant recent improvements we have taken the decision to fund this work ourselves. Such developments ensure that ResourceSpace remains competitive when compared to commercial offerings.

These changes will be included in version 7.1, which is due to be released next month.

Regards,

Neil

--
Neil Braddy