Steps for bulk import with metadata

neel bhatt

Aug 24, 2016, 3:43:13 AM8/24/16
to ResourceSpace
We have completed our basic development for trial site which I installed in my machine.

We already have made contract with ResourceSpace and we are looking for a way to import all our existing images into resource space.

There might be more thant 90k Images that we need to import into resource space.

All of them has unique Id , we call it keyDoc and keyFile.

I am looking for a way to import all the resources and assign its keyDoc and keyFile into the metadata of resource.

Can anyone please suggest steps for this?

Thanks,
Neel

neel bhatt

Aug 24, 2016, 10:14:26 AM8/24/16
to ResourceSpace
Just to update here more:

I have been able to do some of the bulk import by making changes in staticsync.php class and I ran it via command prompt.

Though I am able to import into resourcespace, how can I apply my custom metadata into those images individually?

And also I observed when I imported images using staticsync, I can see thumbnails but when i manually upload images in respourcespace then i do not see thumbnails. Why is it so?

Note that I have $staticsync_ingest=true; but when i make $staticsync_ingest=false; then thumbnails are not visible even in the case of bulk import.

Thanks,
Neel