Encrypting ResourceSpace data in the database

Willy

Jul 15, 2016, 12:25:16 PM7/15/16
to ResourceSpace
Hello,

I have been working with the ResourceSpace in the past 6 months and I love the customization ability.

I do have a question about data encryption. I believe ResourceSpace has been used in an environment that involves sensitive data. Is there any way to encrypt the database data other than the password? I am looking for a way to encrypt usernames, email addresses and probably even the resources' titles or descriptions.

Thanks.

Dan Huby

Aug 10, 2016, 2:47:48 AM8/10/16
to ResourceSpace
Hi Willy,

The problem is it would need to be decrypted for display / usage so if your server was compromised it would be trivial to use the application itself to decrypt the data.

If it's just the storage you're concerned about then you could look at this (note it is commercial not open source)

Dan