Resourcespace disk space not expanding after relaunching a new instance

Michael Howarth

Jul 15, 2016, 12:25:13 PM7/15/16
to ResourceSpace
Hello,

I have my Resourcespace installed on a Google Cloud Ubuntu 15.10 server.

Originally I had 20GB storage on my instance which is reflected accurately in Resourcespace:

Disk usage: 52% (available: 19.4 GB; used: 10.1 GB; free: 9.3 GB)

I have since taken a snapshot of this instance and used it to create a new instance with 80GB storage, hoping to use this as my new install of Resourcespace. However, when I browse to this instance of Resourcespace it is still showing that I only have 20GB of storage available.

I understand that in some instances you need to resize2fs need the partition, so that linux can use the expanded partition size, however doing some reading on the Google Cloud documentation is telling me that when creating a new instance with my version of Ubuntu should resize the partition automatically upon reboot.

Doing a df -h seems to confirm this:

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted onudev 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /devtmpfs 396M 5.6M 390M 2% /run/dev/sda1 78G 9.2G 69G 12% /tmpfs 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /dev/shmtmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/locktmpfs 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /sys/fs/cgroupcgmfs 100K 0 100K 0% /run/cgmanager/fstmpfs 396M 0 396M 0% /run/user/1001
Is there any reason why Resoursespace might not be recognising this extra space, or is there any documentation on how to expand Resourcespace's storage space?
I've also read that it might be a better idea to add a separate storage disk and attach that to my instance, again, how would I go about adding this to Resourcespace?
Thank you,
Michael

Michael Howarth

Aug 28, 2018, 8:44:59 AM8/28/18
to ResourceSpace
I haven't been back to this forum in a while, but just in case anyone else has this issue, I think I'd forgotten to amend the config.php file # Base URL of the installation
So I was actually unintentionally looking at my original install when I was trying to login and check the disk space
Doh!