TMS / ResourceSpace Integrations with plugin

Jonathan Tarro

Feb 15, 2016, 6:39:48 AM2/15/16
to ResourceSpace
So I am new to resource space (and this group) and have installed my first resoucespace server.  I am just evaluating the product currently but want to play with functionality as much as possible.  My issue that I am having now is that I would like to feed from my TMS (The Museum System) server but there isn't any documentation that I can find for the TMS_Link plugin.  Has anyone configured this plugin and can you give me some information on it (config - mappings)?

Jonathan Tarro

Feb 17, 2016, 12:29:37 PM2/17/16
to ResourceSpace
Anyone willing to post their mappings?

Dan Huby

Feb 22, 2016, 8:48:36 PM2/22/16
to ResourceSpace

Jonathan Tarro

Feb 23, 2016, 11:27:19 AM2/23/16
to ResourceSpace
Hi Dan, thanks for replying to me.

You know, it might, I am not sure as I wasn't been able to find any documentation on it.  Honestly I am not even completely sure as to the method the plugin uses to attache TMS information into Resourcespace i.e. does it reference the TMS share like static sync, does it find files imported with the same name and attach TMS information or does it go to the share pull those documents in?

Is there a place that I am missing that can give me some more information on the plugin?

Dan Huby

Feb 23, 2016, 1:08:00 PM2/23/16
to ResourceSpace
It could definitely use some documentation and we'll get on that!

It's for pulling in metadata, via a SQL connection. It doesn't do anything with files. So if you have resources in ResourceSpace that relate to an item in your museum with data on TMS, you can enter the ID of the TMS record in to ResourceSpace and it will connect to TMS and pull through the related metadata in to ResourceSpace, saving you time tagging the resource.

Dan

Ivey Rucket

Apr 21, 2016, 3:47:06 PM4/21/16
to ResourceSpace
I am also a newby and so this may be a really dumb question, but I'm confused about how RS actually sees the TMS database? The configuration page asks for the name of the local DSN to connect to TMS, but I don't see where you tell it the path? How does it now where to go? And what if your local instance of TMS is behind a firewall?

Ivey

Dan Huby

Apr 21, 2016, 6:00:24 PM4/21/16
to ResourceSpace
It's a database connection so a path is not relevant.

If it's behind a firewall then the connection needs to be let through.

Dan

Kate Blanch

Apr 22, 2016, 10:16:10 AM4/22/16
to ResourceSpace
Hi all, sorry I'm a little late in seeing this post! I was the lead on the development for this integration at the Walters. I created a view that extracts all the info from TMS that we sync, and the view syncs to a static table nightly. ResourceSpace looks at the table to retrieve metadata. I am happy to talk offline about your questions, or share any SQL that may help.

Please don't hesitate to contact me! Kate

Kate Blanch

Systems Manager, Data & Digital Resources
410.547.9000 x.266 | kbl...@thewalters.org

The Walters Art Museum

600 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201-5185

thewalters.org

Ivey Rucket

May 12, 2016, 10:11:25 AM5/12/16
to ResourceSpace
Hey Kate,

I'd love to talk to you about this. I have set up resourcespace and i've made the connection to TMS using ODBC and freeTDS. We have permissions to get through our firewall, but I keep getting the following error:

/var/www/plugins/tms_link/include/tms_link_functions.php line 105: odbc_exec(): SQL error: [unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'ObjRightsType'., SQL state S0022 in SQLExecDirect

I'm *thinking* this might be a double quotes problem:

But I really don't know how to fix it. Do you have any advice? I would really appreciate it!!

Many thanks!!

Ivey

Ivey Rucket

May 12, 2016, 10:11:26 AM5/12/16
to ResourceSpace
Thanks Dan! We've managed to make the connection to TMS. But I'm still having trouble with the plugin. I keep getting the following error:

/var/www/plugins/tms_link/include/tms_link_functions.php line 105: odbc_exec(): SQL error: [unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'ObjRightsType'., SQL state S0022 in SQLExecDirect

Do you have any advice on this?

Many thanks!

Shahin Shahini

Nov 8, 2018, 8:21:23 AM11/8/18
to ResourceSpace
Hi Jonathan,

Did you ever get this to work? I am at the same place as you were and do know what should we do after we activated the TMS_Link plugin.

Any suggestion?

josé Márquez Cundú

Nov 9, 2018, 9:50:38 AM11/9/18
to resour...@googlegroups.com
how can I update from version 8.5 to 8.6