Metadata template

adam jawamann

Sep 20, 2016, 12:15:01 PM9/20/16
to ResourceSpace
Hello,is there some permission i need for see template select on upload page?as superadmin i see that field under resource type select drop down.i want to let users select from list of templates too...or they have to see all fields (f permission) to see it on upload?i tried to get them "c" and no change.

Is it possible to see only user unique templates. For example field Credit, where i want to store user name.it will be better if this template could see only unique user

adam jawamann

Sep 21, 2016, 2:21:44 AM9/21/16
to ResourceSpace
i see, that user needs Edit permission for all field. but then is problem with resource defaults, which can be changed and its not possible to allow, we use metadata based multi client setup.resource defaults are used to keep uploads in right groups.i found in resource_functions.php this statement

// Note: we are doing these checks to make sure users can override
// the resource defaults when they can edit the field.
// We always set defaults for an upload template as any defaults can be overridden by save_resource_data later on
if($ref<0 || (checkperm('F' . $f[$m]) || (checkperm('F*') && !checkperm('F-' . $f[$m]))))

if i change this, user could not have Edit access to all but could see template selected? if admin prepare template for metadata, and restrict access to metadata template for users, It could work?