Re: Error 103 - Failed to move uploaded file

Allison Stec

Apr 10, 2013, 2:59:35 PM4/10/13
to ResourceSpace
Review the following installation steps: 20 Edit folder permissions for ResourceSpace setup

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 4:27 AM, S-L <sven.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi there,

I'm investigating ResourceSpace for our company and it looks great at a first view.

I've followed the instructions on the wiki to install RS on a Windows 2008 R2 machine, with the exception of local Flash and Java installation as I would work and upload from different clients, not the server directly. I didn't made any customizations at this stage.
However, when I try to upload a single or multiple files it get the error 103 with the message "Failed to move uploaded file". The error appears on Chrome, IE doesn't talk that much to me. But the result is the same: Pictures are not uploaded on both browsers. I can see on the filestore folder a tmp folder with some subfolders, but they're empty as well.
The Java uploader doesn't work/appear on both browser. But Java is at the latest version and working fine on other sites.

I've checked the installation in the admin console but that looks fine with the exception of ffmpeg.exe and a warning that the 32-Bit version of PHP is being used and upload greater as 2GB are not possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Sven

S-L

Apr 11, 2013, 8:32:41 AM4/11/13
to resour...@googlegroups.com
I'd to assign modify permissions to the IUSR account on C:\Windows\temp to get things working.

Allison Stec

Jun 5, 2013, 8:34:36 AM6/5/13
to ResourceSpace
This reading might be helpful when considering using .htaccess files:

Not sure how noticeable the AllowOverride performance penalty is, but it seems like changing php.ini is preferred.

On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Jason Stewart <jason.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Allison,

I've just discovered ResourceSpace and I was quite releaved because it seems to answer a lot of challenges I was having.

I installed it on my ubuntu server and followed the installation instructions include changing the permissions/ownership for the include/ and filestore/ directories. When I try to upload I get the Error 103... the text of the message suggests a permisions problem but I've double checked and my permissions are permissive (777) on those directories and subdirectories... What's frustrating me is that ResourceSpace is giving any error message to my apache log so I am unable to trace what is going wrong. I turned on debugging but the only thing that is logged is SQL messages...

Any help tracking this down would be gratefully appreciated! jas...

Laurent MARTY

Dec 10, 2015, 4:52:52 PM12/10/15
to ResourceSpace
Hi
I just have the same error, and don't know how to fix it.
It's a fresh install on a Mac using native apache server.
all permissions have been set to 777

and error "103 Failed to move uploaded file."
when I try to upload a file.

Thanks for your help

Cynthia Tjhie

Sep 19, 2016, 9:58:24 AM9/19/16
to ResourceSpace
The IUSR account? I have the same issue, could you ellaborate?

adam jawamann

Sep 21, 2016, 7:22:35 AM9/21/16
to ResourceSpace
i use application pool, iusr identity is not optimal, for security reasons, and everything is ok

Cynthia Tjhie

Sep 21, 2016, 11:06:14 AM9/21/16
to ResourceSpace
Ah, I just have the 103 error, which occurred when a user tried to  upload a big batch of pics, now it errors with every upload..

Aubrey Kloppers

May 16, 2018, 1:10:06 AM5/16/18
to ResourceSpace
It seems there is no concrete answer on the "Error 103" problem.  I am also experiencing this error and it seems even the official ResourceSpace channels do not know how to fix this.  Anyone out there who has an answer people post, as it is giving massive problems on my NGO site.

kind regards
aubrey

reidb...@gmail.com

May 21, 2018, 2:49:44 PM5/21/18
to ResourceSpace
Do you have free space in your /tmp folder or temp partition.  Not sure how your provider has tmp space allocated.

Have you tried to spin up a separate totally fresh RS install in your same environment? That could help identify whether an environment or RS issue is at work.

-Reid

FAU Kommunikation/Presse

Jun 13, 2018, 4:55:37 AM6/13/18
to ResourceSpace
It would be good, if this issue could be merged with another thread with the same problem: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/resourcespace/GOoK9vOBBHQ/discussion (if possible?). Seems to be an urgent problem.

Karsten, FAU

Jun 26, 2018, 10:19:48 AM6/26/18
to ResourceSpace
I can only guess, why nobody is answering here from the RS devs, perhaps error 103 always means simple configuration problems on server side and it's an server admins's case. But then a clearer error message would be very much appreciated - e.g. by me ;)

Anyway, in my case it was an unexpected upgrade from php5 to php 7.2, that should not have run automatically. And I did not see the changes in RS for an unknown reasons. After copying the files from the same release over the installation again (not so fine, but worked), I saw warnings about php post size, upload size e.g.). Readjusting the new php.ini from 7.2. helped then.

Greetings, Karsten