Date drop down menu

Paul O'Sullivan

Aug 25, 2016, 10:50:47 AM8/25/16
to ResourceSpace
hello

We've installed Resource Space to help us manage our digital archives. Much of our content refers to historical events so we have created a Event Date field which can go right back to 1 CE.

However in the search field the year drop down menu only goes back to 1980. How can I change the drop down to an input style search box so that someone can enter 1850 or even use wildcards like 16** to select a range of time?

cheers

Paul

Allison Stec

Aug 25, 2016, 12:11:12 PM8/25/16
to resour...@googlegroups.com, Paul O'Sullivan
Try setting the config option “$minyear” to the minimum year you’d like to see in the dropdown. The default value is 1980, so that’s why you’re running into issues.
--
ResourceSpace: Open Source Digital Asset Management
http://www.resourcespace.org

Paul O'Sullivan

Aug 25, 2016, 1:26:53 PM8/25/16
to ResourceSpace, pauls...@gmail.com
Hi Allison

I'll give that a go, but going back to 1600 will make this a long menu, is there any way to change it to a user input value?

Paul

Allison Stec

Aug 29, 2016, 10:53:35 AM8/29/16
to resour...@googlegroups.com, Paul O'Sullivan
There is a date range config option ($daterange_search), but it only applies to advanced search.

Paul O'Sullivan

Aug 31, 2016, 5:42:38 AM8/31/16
to ResourceSpace, pauls...@gmail.com
thanks Allison

that gives us the range option which is good, for the type of functionality we're after we'll look to creating a plug-in