Bug in posixldapauth plug-in

Dreams

Jul 9, 2014, 1:25:02 PM7/9/14
to resour...@googlegroups.com
Hailo RS peeps,

Ok, I've found the issue but I don't know if I can solve it myself... (though it needs to be solved for everyone one way or another)

So currently attempting to activate this plug-in I get this:

(database) line N/A: Data truncated for column 'inst_version' at row 1<br/><br/>UPDATE plugins SET config_url='/plugins/posixldapauth/pages/setup.php', descrip='LDAP authentication for AD & LDAP with Updated Language Support', author='Brian Adams, Guenter Bartsch, David White', inst_version='0.98a', priority='999', update_url='', info_url='' WHERE name='posixldapauth'

Peaking into MySQL I see that inst_version is a float and you made the version '0.98a'; you can't put a letter into a float...

Is there someone I can pester to get this fixed or where can I actively hack this so that it doesn't have this 'a'?

Thanks much,

Dreams

Dan Huby

Jul 9, 2014, 1:35:26 PM7/9/14
to resour...@googlegroups.com
Just change the column to a varchar(10) or similar.

I'm not sure why this isn't an issue for other systems.

Dan

--
Dan Huby
Montala Limited

UK: 01367 710245
Intl: +44 136 771 0245
--
ResourceSpace: Open Source Digital Asset Management
http://www.resourcespace.org

Dreams

Jul 10, 2014, 4:52:45 PM7/10/14
to resour...@googlegroups.com
That seems to work.  Maybe the web install for Windows 2008 R2 that sets up the MySQL db wasn't updated with the new type?  Anyhow you might want to avoid letters in the versioning until that is figured out.

Thanks for your hard work,
Dreams

David Mac (new)

Jul 21, 2014, 6:19:09 AM7/21/14
to resour...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I haven't seen that problem, but I'll change the version number just in case !

Thanks for the info.

Regards

David